I must be dreaming. Why else would he come to me?

"I'm supposed to tell you from your mother that we're going to visit the town here in 20 minutes and get something to eat. If you're coming, I want you to get ready."

Without saying anything, I get up and walk past him to quickly change once.

After we have eaten, I walk back. I really don't feel like sitting at the table with them all.

Back at the boat, I put on something long, as it's a bit nippy and a bit windy. Then I lie down in front again and this time I don't look at the sea because it's already completely dark, I look up at the starry sky.

My eyelids get heavier and heavier until they finally close.

When I wake up the next morning to a rocking sound, I am no longer where I fell asleep, but in my cabin. How did I get in here, please?

I quickly go upstairs to the living room where the parents are sitting. They all wish me a good morning and say that the others are just outside.

So I go outside too and the three of them are sitting there looking at me when I come out.

"Do you always sleep this late?", Jobe asks me in a mocking tone. "Yes she does," Jude answers for me and Emma gives him a dirty look.

He didn't really mean to say that, you can see it on his face now.

"Do you know how I got into my room tonight?", I ask her. Emma shakes her head, Jude looks down and Jobe looks at Jude.

Wait. Does that mean... Oh no. He can't be serious now. Why?

Luckily, Emma doesn't understand what's going on. She gets up and says she's going to paint her nails.

When she leaves the three of us alone, I sit down on a chair opposite the two of them.

Jobe now also slides a few centimetres further away from us until he is finally completely gone.

"So, why did that have to be?" I ask him.

"I don't know what you mean," he replies.

"Come on Jude. You know exactly what I mean. Don't play dumb now." "I just wanted to catch fresh air and then I saw you lying there. I didn't want to leave you there alone, who knows what could happen," he says, looking me in the eye.

I nod understandably and look down at the floor.

"But it's really none of your business," he adds. "I should have just left you there."

Sometimes he has more mood swings than a pregnant woman.

"You don't have to be so dismissive of me. I haven't done anything to you. I thought we were friends," I say, my voice growing quieter.

"I told you how I felt about this friendship and you just fucking left. What am I supposed to think?" he asks me as he throws his arms in the air.

I don't understand what he means. He didn't want to be friends anymore, after all. Not me.

"Huh? I don't understand you. You wanted me to leave," I say.

He gets up and walks a few steps away from me. But just before he disappears around the corner, he turns around again.

 "I never wanted you to leave."