Claire's dress

We spent the rest of the day at the mall, shopping at Macy's, having dinner at Subway and chatting like we met after 10 years

We spent the rest of the day at the mall, shopping at Macy's, having dinner at Subway and chatting like we met after 10 years. I felt at ease, the kind I hadn't felt lately.

"Why didn't you tell me about Candice and Joseph???" I asked her while we were sitting at a corner booth in Starbucks sipping our respective caramel frappucino.

"I would have. Infact I was dialing you the moment I got to know. But Candy nearly strangled me to death and told me not to tell you." Claire told me laughing leaving me shocked.

"She strangled you???" I was so shocked to hear that I asked her again, just to confirm that I heard correct or not.

"Yes. She said she wanted to tell you in person. They're away for a "pre-wedding honeymoon" in Bali. They are supposed to visit your college, see you and tell you the good news. But now that you're here." She said and laughed out loudly.

"Omg. Seriously." I laughed too. "Do you have any idea about the time of their visit??" I asked controlling my laughter.

"Well. It's been a week since they left and the PWH was supposed to be of 15 days. So guess next Sunday." Claire said estimating.

"Then she can tell me in person." I said sipping my frappucino and licking the caramel of the edges of the large tumbler.

"So you won't be here for long then???" Claire said pouting.

"I am afraid I can't. I just ran away and I am missing classes-" I said and Claire cut me off.

"And Derek." She winked.

I blushed hearing his name, "That is not true."

"It is. Look at yourself. You're blushing like a new bride on her first night and you're dying to see him. You're in love with him." Claire said and I just stared at her.

My heart was beating too fast and deep inside I knew that I was dying to see Derek. Even though this love might cost me alot.

"Say what you wanna say." I said and we laughed.

______________________________

"Daniel???" I came home to an unlocked front door so I assumed Daniel's home. He walked down the stairs immediately waving at me and went into the kitchen.

"Where were you?? I thought you said you wanted to stay in." He said grabbing a glass of water and gulping it down in an instant.

"Long story short. Claire called. She suspected I was lying. I told her. She came. We talked. Took me to the mall." I spoke in one breath. "Daniel, I want to tell you something. Come and sit with me." I told him in a serious tone.

He put down the glass in the sink and followed me to the living room.

"And is the talk about the reason you came here??" he inquired even though he knew.