EPILOGUE : Wait for me.

<3

3RD PERSON POV

Qiqi woke up bright and early to get her day started. She jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen to get breakfast. After getting out a stepping tool, she looked at the notes she had pasted to the wall and made her breakfast.

She brought her food out to the kitchen table and happily ate. After that, she opened up her notebook to see what she was going to do that day. She kept reading while eating her breakfasts and once she was done, she went to the sink and washed her plate.

She hurriedly left the house and ran with her arms in the air, making her way to her first destination.

She was going to handle the day shift for Bubu Pharmacy until 12. And then help out Yanfei carry some files from her office into the courtroom to prepare for a trial tomorrow.

And don't worry, this isn't child labor.

As Qiqi ran though the crowded Liyue Harbor she could hear people around her squealing about how cute she was. Whenever she walked through the harbor, she got noticed for her unique existence.

Ever since Y/N helped her become more expressive again, her shining smile has been blinding people all over Liyue, adding to her popularity.

But sometimes, the attention she got was negative. Hearing such hurtful words day to day at this point has been weighing on her heart but Y/N taught her that if she had nothing nice to say, don't say it.

"Did you hear ? Apparently Qiqi's parents abandoned her to go to Fontaine."

"Didn't that zombie kids parents sell her to some shady dude to get some money to pay off their debt ?"

"Her parents must be awful people..."

These words weighed on Qiqi's heart, because she truly loved both Y/N and Xiao with her whole heart, and for these people who know nothing to say such things about her beloved parents filled her with sadness and anger.

But now's not the time for that.

Qiqi finally made it to Bubu Pharmacy.

Her day goes on normally after this, no major obstacles and nothing went wrong. But after all her duties were done, it was time for her to indulge in her favorite activity.

She would climb the very top of Mt Tianheng, and scream how much she hated those people that would talk bad about her parent. Letting her anger and sadness coarse through her veins.

After she was done, she looked behind her to see Y/N and Xiao.

"So this was where you went !" Y/N said.

"Come on, let's go back." Xiao said.

Qiqi ran into Y/N's arms expecting their warm embrace to take away all her pain.

Instead, Y/N and Xiao disappeared and two gravestones replaced them.

"Qiqi is so stupid for thinking today would be different."

After wiping away a tear that streamed down her face, she proceeded to go pick some flowers and herbs to make a flower crown to place atop Xiao and Y/N's grave. This had become her daily tradition.

At this point, flower crowns had covered Xiao and Y/N's grave but Qiqi wouldn't stop piling them on.

Maybe if she placed enough flowers on their graves they'd come back to life ?

But alas, she was helpless.

She wished she could follow her new family into the afterlife but it wasn't possible.

She began to wonder why she was immortal and came to the conclusion only the Adepti could've done this.

So she tried going into Jueyun Karst to ask if the adepti could do anything but for some reason they wouldn't help her.

So, as a last resort, she decided to finally do what Hu Tao told her to do centuries ago.

Hu Tao was in charge of burying Y/N and Xiao, despite Qiqi's objections.

And after she completed the burial ceremony, she gave Qiqi a piece of paper telling her how to go to the afterlife, a secret technique that only the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor Directors new about.

So, as Qiqi stood in the middle of a pond in Wuwang Hill, she followed the instructions on the worn piece of paper and succeeded in entering the afterlife.

She was met with beautiful scenery. Serene white skies, and countless souls waiting.

As she was taking in the scenery, someone from behind her covered her eyes.

"Guess who~!"

"Tao...?"

"Yup ! Qiqi you finally made it ! I've been waiting here foreverrrrr."

Qiqi gives her a cold blank stare.

"Where is Y/N and Xiao ?"

"Follow me this way madame~"

Hu Tao led her to Y/N and Xiao.

The moment they locked eyes, a lifetime of memories flooded back into their heads as they all shared a warm hug.

"We missed you." Xiao and Y/N spoke.

Apparently the day after Y/N and Xiao's burial ceremony, Hu Tao visited them and told them to wait for Qiqi. So they did, no matter how long it took.

"Hey Qiqi." Hu Tao spoke.

"You have a choice. You can leave now and continue living, or stay here and pass on to the afterlife with Y/N and Xiao."

"Qiqi wants to stay here."

"I knew it." Hu Tao let's out a soft smile.

The three of them talk again while Hu Tao just watched them from afar.

Once they were done talking, Hu Tao grabbed their hands and took them to the end.

"Well, this is it ! If you're sure you have no one else to wait for, just walk through here and you're good to go !"

Y/N, Xiao, and Qiqi all looked at each other, nervous.

"Oh don't be so scared, here, I'll go first so you three aren't afraid anymore, ok ?"

Hu Tao walks through the end and disappears from sight.

"Well, we've got nowhere else to go... right ?"

"We have all we need as long as we're together." Xiao smiled as Qiqi nods.

So, hand in hand, the three of them all walked towards the afterlife together.

Qiqi was finally at peace. Xiao had escaped his terrible fate. And Y/N found where they truly belonged.

Quite a satisfying ending, wouldn't you say ?

—————

<3