Don't Change-Shemar Moore

Your P.O.V

I park my car in Shemar's driveway and walk up the steps to his front door. I lift up the pot plant  and grab the spare key to unlock his door. I close it behind me and look around the living room and there is no one.

I grab a handful of skittles out of the bowl on the coffee table and made my way to the kitchen. He's probably not home yet. I did tell him that I was coming over to pick him up. I grab a few things out of the fridge and made myself a sandwich.

I reach into one of the cupboards and grab out a packet of chips to put in my sandwich, just to add a bit of crunch. I turn back around and was now facing a butt naked Shemar. He didn't seem to notice me standing there, so I clear my throat and he jumped.

"Fuck, Y/N! What are you doing here?!" He yells, covering his hoo-ha with one of the couch cushions. "You're gonna need to wash that." I say, unfazed about the whole thing. "You didn't answer my question."

"I texted you saying I was on my way." I say, walking over to the bar, making myself a gin & tonic. He checks his phone and sighs, "Give me five." He says, turning around and walking upstairs. "Nice buns." I mock, seeing his bare behind.

"I hate you." I hear him say and I laugh. It's so easy to rile him up. Shemar and I have been best friends since our high school days. He was the good lookin' guy that all the girls had crushes on and I was the girl that hung around with the guys.

We were I guess you could say, like a well-oiled machine. I'd get in trouble and he'd get me out of it and vice versa. "Alright, let's go." I hear him say, from the living room. I grab the other half of my sandwich and met him outside.

"I liked the naked look better." I joke and he shoves me. "We're taking your car by the way." I say walking over to the garage. "What? Why? But yours is right here." He calls out, but opens the garage anyway, revealing his Rezvani Tank SUV.

"I have no gas and your car's better." I say. He grabs my hands and I froze. My face started heating up as he leans in closer to my face. So close, I could feel his breath on my nose. Is he gonna kiss me?

He leans in closer and...takes a bite of my sandwich. "Really?" I shake my head and got into the passenger seat. That was embarrassing. I've been crushing on my best friend for a while now but he obviously doesn't know. I don't wanna ruin something great  for something that might not last.

But there's also a part of me that might regret not telling him how I feel. "You okay?" I nod, smiling. "We're here." He says, walking over to my side, opening the door for me. "Why, thank you kind sir." I joke and he grabs my hand, leading me to our spot.

"I don't think I'd ever get used to this." I say, looking out  at the lit up city of Los Angeles. He pulls me down to sit next to him and I oblige. Shemar and I would come here as kids when one of us was grounded.

We'd watch cars zoom across the highways and look at the lit up buildings and streets. "It's the things like this that makes me miss home. No cameras, no fans, no celebrities you know. Don't get me wrong; I love my job but sometimes all you need is some peace and quiet, with family and well...you." He says, now looking at me making me blush.

Good thing it's night time otherwise I'd be digging a hole right here and bury myself in it. I lay down on the blanket now looking at the stars, shining above me and I could feel Shemar doing the same.

"I can't imagine what it's like to be a celebrity but I'm just glad you're still the soft, humble, kind hearted guy that used to get his ass whooped by his mama." I say and he starts laughing. "Hey, don't forget mama whooped your ass too." He says and I quickly shut it. She sure did.

I turn over, now laying on my stomach facing him. "Don't ever change, Shemar Franklin Moore. You're stuck with me forever, whether you like it or not." I say with all seriousness and he leans in towards me smiling. "I won't." With that he leans in closer and his lips were now on mine.

A lot of things were going through my mind. This could go either way, like what if we mess up our friendship with this one kiss? What if this is the start of a relationship? I was a bit hesitant at first but my mind said 'fuck it' and kissed him back and let me tell you...I did not regret it one bit.