Later

AUTHOR: FYI THE DAYS ARE PRESENT.
___________________________Ashton POV-
It was 6:30 PM of March 20th when I
confronted Nico about what I was thinking.
----------------------------------------------
6:30
----------------------------------------------
Nico POV-
I was sitting under a tree listening to The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Face Down.
"Do you feel like a man,
When you push her around?
Do you feel better now,
That's she's on the ground?
One day this worlds gonna end,
And your lies crumble down.
A new life she has found.
Face down in the dirt,
She said this doesn't hurt.
She finally had enough.
Oh, he's comin' around again.
Do you feel like a man,
When you push her-"
I had to stop my music because Ash had sat down in front of me, looking perplexed.
"...hi.." She quietly said while looking down.
"Hey...Whats wrong?" I peered up at her.
"...Can I ask you something?"
"Sure. What's up?"
"..."
"....?..."
"Why are you two different people?"
"Huh? What?"
"You act so different around Percy than when you are with me...why...?"
"...what do you mean...?"
"Just...you act so quiet and sad when around Percy...but with me your...well the opposite...it's not a bad thing..I just want to know why..? And why did Percy act like because you are so quiet and mysterious around him you would do something horrible to me...? Why would he think you would do that...?"
"...."
"...Nico..."
"..Ashton...it's just...the others know my past...and well...I just wanted a chance to start over with someone...so that I can be me around others with out felling upset. Also...when I look at the others and how happy they are with each other...I get this pang in my heart...and it hurts...after that happens I just feel really depressed...I can't control it. It just happens...."
"Nico..." She looked down, a single tear droped off her cheek.
I sat up to wipe her tears away with my thumb.
'If only I could be as romantic as they are in movies and not make my girlfriend cry'
"Hey don't cry..." I say.
"Sorry...that just hit close to home that's all..." She replied.
"Ash...?"
"Yeah...?"
"...There's another reason why I act that way around you.."
"..?"
"...I over heard your conversation with Percy..."
"What conversation...?"
"...the one a couple of weeks ago...when you were still hurt...about your sister...I'm sorry...I just was hoping if I acted happy and more my inner self that it would make you more susceptible to happiness....and not instead being with someone who is always sad...but the truth is that.. I didn't actually think that right away. You just made me happy. And I thought that, after I found out you made me happy, if I kept being happy you would be happy too...."
"Hehe...sorry... Hehehehahaha."
"What is so funny..?"
"Sorry that was just really cute...•////•"
A smirk crept up on my face.
"You know what else is cute?" I say leaning closer to her.
"...what...?"
"You.."
A bright blush snuck onto her face.
I leaned in a little closer and kissed her gently on the lips. She kissed back hesitantly. This was probably her first kiss.
It was a slow, but passionate kiss.
We broke apart for air.
"...woe..." She breathed.
I just laughed.
"You know...? I couldn't have asked for a better first kiss. " she smiled.
"Well then I'm glad I'm your first. ...and hopefully your last..." I murmured that last part.
We cuddled together under the tree, Ashton eventually drifting asleep in my arms.
"What a great day to be alive..." I whisper to myself.