Still breathing

Nico POV-
I walked over to the Poseidon cabin to see how Ashton was doing. I climbed up steps and was about to knock on the door when I heard voices inside.
"I'm all ears." Percy says.
"I had a sister. Her name was Emily. She was 3 years younger than me. I was 11 and she was 8. We where riding the school bus one day... And the bus got into a crash...." Ashton said.
There was a pause.
"The bus had collided with a building right before that me and my sister had taken a photo of us being silly. She was closer to the window. And when we had crashed a metal bar from the building smashed the window and.." By this time I could hear the sobs she was trying to hold back.
"It's ok you don't have to continue." He whispers.
She sob,"the bar went in the window and impailed her neck. I watched her die and could do nothing about it. Percy this has been the hardest 3 years of my life."
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Ashton. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I will try to keep anything bad away from you for as long as you can. I'll be the older brother you never had and I promise I will be there for you unlike your mean parents....I promise...."
I heard them get up and walk toward the door. I quickly shadow traveled to my cabin.
I feel horrible. Both our sisters died in the same year. And I thought I was in pain. Ashton had it worse. She watched her sister die and sat there useless. And her sister was younger so of-course the older sibling would feel responsible.
I make a promise to my self as well to Ashton.
I promise to make sure that I do my best to protect Ashton from the evils in this world. Now that I know Ashton is experiencing worse things then I am, I must be there for her...I never want to see her hurt again.