XXXI. Paul

I never expected Erin to come out and say that, it shocked me, didn't scare me though. I guess the shocked expression on my face made her think I was going to leave.
"Erin" I say standing up just inches behind her.
"Erin please face me" she slowly turns around not looking me in the eye.
I put 2 fingers under her chin and lifted her eyes to meet mine.
"There's nothing in this world that would make me leave you. Not now, not ever" I say pulling her in my arms "I will be here through it all. At every doctors appointment, through all the morning sickness, all of it. I'm right here and always will be no matter what. Your mine, I'm yours, and this baby is ours. Not just yours, not just mine, ours. And we're both going to be here for it. Okay? I love you with everything I have"
She looks at me with tears in her eyes. She nods at me. I smile and wrap my arms around her and kiss her for as long as I can and oh, so sweetly. The best kind of kiss there is.
"Promise?" She says against my lips
"Always" I say pressing my mouth to hers once again.
She pulls away from me but doesn't leave my embrace.
"There's just one thing we have to do" she says almost sadly.
"And what's that?" I say a small smile playing on my lips.
"We have to tell our parents" she said it so quiet I almost didn't hear her. The smile I had has now disappeared.
"How?" Was all I managed to say.
"I have a plan" she leaned in and whispered the plan in my ear.
"It's not the best plan" I said once she finished "but it might work" she smiled and danced out of the room.

~ ~ ~

We had it all set up by the time her parents got home, with my parents, we invited them for dinner.
We set up the table with all the things we made. The door opened and her parents walked in.
"Erin. What's going on?" Her mom asked as she walked into the dining room to see all the balloons and baby things we set everywhere.
"Mom, dad, Mr. And Mrs. Zimmer. Please Sit down. We have some news"
Everyone sat around the table waiting for Erin to speak again.
"We just found out ourselves and you are the first to know" I said
"Will you just tell us what's going on?!" Said Erin's dad getting impatient.
"Dad." Erin said taking my hand. "I'm pregnant"