Chapter 3 - Fletcher

Here is another update, I hope you enjoy.

I woke up with my head pounding, and bright lights all around me.

"Hello?" I called out gently, but then realised it was a bad idea. An oldish looking man came up to me.

"Hello Alex, I'm Fletcher. Don't worry, you are in the Med-Ward. You received quite a knock to the head earlier with Declan giving you concuss-"

"Wait, concussion?  How much work did I miss? How long have I been unconscious?" I ask, shooting question after question at Fletcher.

"Now, now.  One at a time. Yes, you hit your head a few hours in Combat, and you have been unconscious ever since. As far as I know, you haven't missed any wor-"

"Aha!" Jordan exclaimed loudly, walking in the door, "she lives!"

"Good job Alex! Its your first day and you've already been to the Med Ward twice." Bear called out. "That's got to be some kind of record, right Fletch?"

"One day the two of you will learn to appreciate the sanctity of the Ward and not disrupt my patients." Fletcher replied sternly, with a hint of a smile on his face.

"One day, we might," Jordan grinned to Fletcher. "But not today."

Fletcher sighed and sent the boys a warning glare, before allowing me to leave, on the condition that I didn't sleep for a few hours.

We walked out of the Med Ward and into the dining hall, but not before all the Combat boys came up to us, to make sure I was ok.

I learnt that the three other boys' names were Nick, Brendan and Sebastian, and that all three of them were Apprentices. I was the youngest, as well as the only girl, this wasn't going to end well...

I will add Jordan and Finn's scene later, the one where Bear charms Finn to go and have dinner.

Let me know what you thought.