34: where's John b ☆

Start from the beginning

The trio walked over to the entrance where the Phantom was kept. JJ quickly opened the door, revealing the boat that waited for them inside. Both Kiara and Emerson's face quickly turned confused as they looked at the boat that was supposed to save their friends.

"There she be," JJ smiled proudly. "Hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 Sr1. The Phantom."

"Hmm..." Emerson nodded, unsure about what to say.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours. Forty years old!" JJ ran his hand along the side of the boat, clearly happy to see it. "Forty. And still that fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker," Kiara stated, not seeing the appeal of the boat.

JJ stepped away from the boat as he looked at Kiara. "Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you."

"Men and their toys," Emerson whispered to Kiara, making a small smile appear on her face.

"Let's just put it this way," JJ continued. "Neither of you would be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

"I just hope it runs," Kiara shrugged.

"Oh, no, she'll run all right. She's faster than any cutter the boys in blue got." JJ told the girls as the sound of the dirt bike engine approached from outside.

"Pope. Finally," Kiara said as she went to greet him.

"This thing will really get them out?" Emerson asked JJ and he nodded.

"Hey, there," the sound of Rafe's voice made Emerson's eyes widened as she turned to find him walking up to Kiara. "What's goin' on? JJ? You takin' good care of my girl for me?" He asked before jumping up into the Phantom.

Emerson rolled her eyes at Rafe. She was about to say something to him but was cut off when Barry walked into the room.

"Whoo," Barry hollered from the other side of the room. JJ pulled Emerson behind him, not wanting Barry to get anywhere near her. "Well, well," Barry said before pulling a gun out on JJ. "See, don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road." JJ lifted his hands up in surrender as Barry stepped forward, pushing the gun closer to JJ. "I'm here because I want my motherfuckin' money." He shouted before hitting JJ, knocking him to the ground.

"JJ! JJ!" Emerson yelled as she went to go help him but couldn't when Rafe grabbed her waist pulling her away. "Rafe let go of me!"

"Get your hands off her!" Kiara yelled as she tried to push Rafe away from Emerson.

"That's what I'm here for!" Barry yelled as he hovered over JJ.

Rafe turned towards Kiara, one of his hands holding onto Emerson's wrist making sure that she couldn't get away. "It's not you we want, Kie. Where's John B?"

"I don't know!" She screamed before slapping Rafe.

"I really wish you didn't do that," Rafe told her as he stepped closer to her.

"I know what you did," Kiara announced, looking right at Emerson. The former kook still hadn't been able to say those words aloud, but if there was a time this was it.

"What? What did I do?" Rafe asked.

"You murdered Sheriff Peterkin," Emerson said softly, but loud enough for everyone to hear her.

Her words caught everyone by surprise, even Emerson didn't expect herself to say anything. Rafe turned to look at her and felt herself want to cower away from him. She had never seen that look in his eyes before, like he was crazy or broken, she couldn't figure out which.