CHAPTER 2

The moment I crossed the pack's borders my connection with them was cut. It was like a snap of scissors cutting a line in my mind. I know that they felt it too so I had to hurry up and get as far as possible. I changed into my wolf with great difficulty since amethyst was still weak. I kept running and running and running, never stopping even as the sky got darker. I probably ran for a whole day straight before I collapsed for the first time, truthfully, I didn't know where I was going. I knew that I now qualified as a rogue since I don't have a pack. I didn't know if I was going to try and join another pack or if I was going to stay a rogue. All I knew for certain was that whether or not I joined a new pack I had to be as far away as possible from my former one.

I had been running for days now, only resting for a few hours in between each run. The only way I kept track of the days was by the sunrise and sunset. I was completely exhausted, starved and sleep deprived. Amethyst was still affected by the silver injuries and was more weak than usual. We were currently running; all our senses were blurred because of the lack of sleep when I was suddenly tackled on my right. In my weak state I went flying a couple of feet before skidding to a stop. I decided to change back to my human form, my clothes still intact with the change, knowing that it was not a rogue but that I accidentally trespassed on a pack's territory and that he was not alone. Noticing my submission, the wolf also changed back.

"I'm, I'm sorry I didn't mean to trespass I was just passing thro- "I started shakily, but before I could finish, darkness overtook me.

When I finally came to, I realized they had moved me to a room. I was on a comfortable bed and 7 pair of eyes were currently staring deep into me. A rush of panic went over my mind. I cowered back in the bed and held on to the blanket tightly.

"Guys, stop staring at her like that, you're scaring the poor thing." One of them said, stepping forward.

The aura around the boy seemed to have calmed Amethyst down, and so had the same effect on me as well. I took the time to look at him since I was still wary of the others. He seemed to be 5ft10 and still growing. He had medium long almost shoulder length, straight copper hair that was tied in a stylish half ponytail in the back. His skin was of a pale ivory skin tone. He had winter grey eyes hidden behind trendy square clear glasses. He had a lean body and broad shoulders. His arms looked well defined in the sleeveless grey shirt he was wearing.

"I, I, I, I'm sorry, I, I, I, didn't mean t-t-t-to trespass. I, I, I'll leave right away." I kept on stuttering ready to leave as soon as possible.

"You can't leave just yet. The Alpha is the one who decides your fate, so to speak. We gotta wait for him." Another boy declared stepping forward.

The boys seemed to be the same height as the previous one. He had a trendy haircut with his hair all gelled up in a messy manner, almost in a quiff. It was a very funky red that could only be the result of hair dye. He had green eyes and fair skin. He had an athletic body where you can see his muscles but not in an overly built way.

At the mention of the Alpha, I started panicking, not having the happiest memory of Alphas. I started shaking, the fear consuming me. Amethyst tried to calm me, but my mind just kept replaying my last night at the pack with Logan. One of the only two girls in the room slowly approached me, kneeling next to me.

She was absolutely stunning. She must've been 5ft5 with pale ivory skin. She had long voluminous curly ginger red hair framing her face. She gunmetal blue eyes and freckles across her nose and cheeks. She had a fit lean body. she had a certain serene aura that seemed to have calmed me already.

"Don't worry, I promise we are not going to harm you. The Alpha is just going to ask a few questions." She told me calmly.

At that moment the door opened, and an aura of power whisked over the room. It took everything in me not to cower away in the blanket.