Chapter 8

Chapter 8.1 Fire In Qingliang Courtyard (Part 1)

  Sang Yuanyuan's heart suddenly had a surge of impulse.

  More than ever, she wants to leave this dark place and go to Sang state.

  Staying far away from these horrible guys.

  Han Shaoling raised his hand and pressed heavily on her shoulder.

  She did not dare to move at all, just like a prey whose throat was held by a predator. She knew that once Han Shaoling really did such a terrible thing to Meng Wuyou, then, he would no longer feel even the slightest guilt at all in front of her. He will 'pass through the hall into the inner chamber' in a dignified manner, and possess her completely.

  She, will be by such a man's side, shares him with a body which is neither human nor ghost, for all her life.

  A shiver rose from the bottom of her heart, but her posture was still upright, and her expression was completely calm.

  At this very moment, she can only pray that Meng Wuyou will continue to have good luck hovering on top of her head.

  Han Shaoling's complexion was still a little pale, but he was no longer in the state of horror and depression. He waved his hand to signal the maidservant to withdraw and let Sang Yuanyuan pour wine for him.

  "To King You!" Han Shaoling drank the wine with a smile and said in a loud voice, "Sang'er, fill it to the brim!"

  Sang Yuanyuan served the wine, then sat quietly on the side.

  She felt like a woman from a good family who had been taken captive by the mountain bandit.

  Sitting by Han Shaoling's side, she can see You Wuming who sat on the opposite side as long as she slightly raises her eyes.

  You Wuming seems a little dispirited, slightly tilted his chin, looking at the starry sky outside the Palace, pouring and drinking by himself.

  "Heh." All of a sudden, he laughed softly and said, "King Han, are you that afraid of me?"

  Han Shaoling's thick eyebrow had a slight frown. His cold inquiring eyes fall on the other party's slightly delicate throat.

  You Wuming unconcernedly said, "this play comes out one after another. Was it afraid that I will be bored and in a spur of the moment, slaughter your whole Capital city of Han?"

  Han Shaoling followed along his gaze and glanced outward. He then saw that under the thick fluffy smoke, a ferocious flame had leaped out of the eaves.

  The palace attendant that was delivering a message arrived in a hurry : "Reporting——The Qingliang courtyard has caught fire and fanned by the wind, now it spread to the empty Fengxu[1] Courtyard! The Commander is putting out the fire with all his might!"

  It seems as if You Wuming doesn't take himself as an outsider at all. Hearing these words, he propped himself up with the table and stood up right away and walked out lazily.

  Han Shaoling took a deep breath and strode to keep up. All the officials in the hall hurriedly pushed aside the table and got up, tagging along after their Lord and rushed towards the place where the incident happened.

  Aunt Ling took out the cloak from the maidservant's tray and tied it to Sang Yuanyuan and supported her to watch the fun from a distance.

  The fire started from the Qingliang Courtyard.