Feathers and Trolls

Start from the beginning

________________________________________________________________________________

After Hermione calmed down we chatted some more. I found out that Hermione's parents are dentists and she was named after a character from a muggle play written by Shakespeare.  Hermione was extremely excited when I told her that my father was a Professor that had written many books on Dragons in partnership with famous wizards, including Dumbledore himself. She was also interested in my mum's job at the ministry of magic, "she works in The Foreign Affairs and Sports Department" I said. "More specifically she works to maintain positive relations with other magical nations. In fact, that's how mum and dad met. Mum was in Romania negotiating some deal while dad was studying dragons for his first essay, they met at a ball." I explained. "Wow, I didn't even know how large the ministry of magic was that large." Hermione exclaimed. However, our quaint conversation was cut short as a horrible smell attacked our senses. I pinched my nose and began to feel a little sick. "Hermione?" I asked "Yes?" she answered. "I know that girls are neater than boys but I feel a bit cheated here, I mean I've never been into a boys lavatory that's this bad." I said with a smirk. "Hermione pouted and playfully punched me in the arm. Our banter was cut short as we suddenly found the source of the horrific stench. It was a troll. A large, ugly, smelly troll. With a club. He didn't look to happy. Hermione was petrified with fear. "Hermione, this is where we leave." I said, I grabbed her hand as we rushed between the troll's legs, he turned around and swung his club. I pushed Hermione to the ground and ducked as the club smashed the sinks and mirrors, glass and ceramics went everywhere as I covered Hermione from the sharp debris. I got back up and shouted at the troll to draw it's attention "Heyyyyy, ugly come get me, there's nothing on her, she's just skin and bones!" I yelled. "I heard that (Y/N)!" Hermione exclaimed. My trick seemed to work on the troll however there was one problem, I was the troll's new target. I pulled my wand and aimed it at the troll trying to think of a hex or jinx, not many came to mind. My dad taught me a few, just in case I found myself in a bit of trouble. "Impedimenta" I yelled as a light green jinx hit the troll, slowing it down, buying me time. I grabbed Hermione's hand and we made a dash for the exit, but the troll began to speed up. It turned around and grunted in frustration, he certainly wasn't happy. He swung his club as I once again pushed Hermione to the ground as I ducked. Unfortunately, I was a bit too slow as the club hit me on my side, probably bruising my ribs in the process as I flew in the air only to crash into the ceramic wall, then I blacked out. 

Hermione POV

I saw (Y/N)'s body slam against the bathroom wall, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to do something, he wasn't getting up. I aimed my wand at the troll and shouted "Flipendo" as a blue light exited my wand knocking back the troll flat on his back. The knockback jinx also pushed me back as well as I fumbled against the wall. "Hermione!" I heard a cautious voice shout as I turned to see Harry and Ron, I smiled, they came for me. They looked over at (Y/N)'s body slumped against the wall, still unresponsive. "We have to get him to Madam Pomfrey!" I exclaimed, Harry and Ron nodded in agreement as they ran over to help pick (Y/N) up. The troll started to stir, "We've got to do something, otherwise (Y/N) will have no hope" Harry said. Ron pulled out his wand and pointed it at the troll. "Remember Ron, a swish and a flick!" I yelled, Ron nodded. With a swish and a flick, he chanted "Wingardium Leviosa" as the troll's cub began to slowly float in the air.  The club then came crashing down, once again knocking the troll unconscious once more. "Cool." Ron added. 

We all ran over to (Y/N), Harry checked his pulse, "He's alive and still breathing" Harry said. I breathed a sigh of relief He's okay I thought. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape, Flitwick, and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasped at the sight of an unconscious (Y/N). "Quickly, Filius, Quirinus take young (Y/N) to the ward. I'll deal with the rest of these students" Professor McGonagall said with a disapproving tone. "Explain yourselves, right this instant" she ordered, Snape smiled. Harry and Ron stumbled to find words, Professor McGonagall looked madder as each silent second passed by. I had to take the fall, I had to lie, otherwise, we'd all be in trouble. I spoke up "It's my fault, ProfessorMcGonagall." I could see Harry and Ron's jaw drop and Professor McGonagall gave me an odd stare in surprise. "Ms.Granger?" She asked in shock. "I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If (Y/N), Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead." I said, looking down at the floor in guilt. "Well I'm very disappointed in you Ms. Granger, your foolishness has now caused young (Y/N) serious injuries!"  Professor McGonagall said, raising her voice, I winced at the thought of (Y/N), he was my first true and friend and it was my fault that he was injured. I saw in the corner of my eye that Harry was intensely staring at Professor Snape, Snape noticed this and hastily covered his leg with black robes. "I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, Ms.Granger. 5 points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you two gentlemen, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a full-grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale." Professor McGonagall said. "5 points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck." Harry and Ron took a sigh of relief, we all smiled at each other. Snape looked at us in disappointment and limped away. Harry and Ron made their way back to the Gryffindor common room but I stayed to ask Professor McGonagall a question. "Professor?" I asked, she looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Is there any chance for me to visit (Y/N) at the ward?" Professor McGonagall sighed in disappointment. "I understand your concern for your friend Mrs. Granger. But I'm afraid that Madam Pomfrey must not be disturbed." She said, I started to tear up again. Professor McGonagall moved in to give me a hug, comforting me. "There there young one, I'll allow you to visit him tomorrow morning. But for now, you need some sleep. Go on and catch up with young Potter and Weasly." She whispered. I nodded in agreement and ran after Harry and Ron.  We silently walked to the common room with Ron and Harry trying to support me. I guess the four of us are friends now, I smiled. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll seems to be one of them.

A/N Notes:

Wow! Two chapters in two days! A bit of an apology for you guys waiting over a year for an update... I hope to release two chapters a week. If I'm lucky maybe three. Thanks for the support guys, hope you enjoyed this one!

-Sam.F