admu ii

heard from the grapevine that someone wanted a part two... long overdue, but here we are!!!
I didn't proofread, so I'm sorry for the mistakes.

_

Ian didn't want to be here. Initially, he did, but after the last week's turn of events, he didn't want to be here. It was the big event of their batch's reunion.  And the heat of the covcourts and jetlag did not fair well with each other. 

He was looking forward to this; why wouldn't he when he actually enjoyed college, and this campus, and the people, and most especially, well... her. However, work caught up to him, and he had to miss his flight a week prior, causing him to miss his kada's beach trip. 

And as if things couldn't get any worse, his friends were running late—he really should have expected this—because they were caught in traffic coming from the said beach trip. So, there he was, alone, sleep-deprived, experiencing FOMO. 

He shook his head; sitting awkwardly at an empty table is far from what he expected this night to turn out like.

He decided to ditch the whole thing, and he got up and started the walk to his car. He was parked further down, and it was quite a walk.

Memories of simpler times flashed through his mind. He'd taken one too many walks and e-jeep rides with a certain girl down this same road. 

So when he saw that same figure about a hundred meters ahead of him, he thought he was imagining things.

"Lea," he couldn't help but call out to her—it was a shot in the dark; he didn't know if it was really her.

But then she turned back, and their eyes met.

He would know those eyes anywhere.

She stopped, her lips turning up into a smile when she saw him. He quickened his movements and stopped right in front of her. "Lei, hi," he leaned in for a beso, and she acquiesced to the action.

"Ian," it fell off her tongue so naturally, and he wondered how he lived the last eight years without that sweet voice. "W-What are you doing here?" 

He looked at her weirdly and pointed to the general direction of the covered court, "reunion." 

"Of course, silly," she chuckled. God, he missed that sound so much. "I thought you couldn't come. Or I assumed you couldn't cause you missed the beach trip."

"You were there?"

She shook her head, "I just flew in last night. Had some stuff to deal with at work, kaya ayun." 

"Me also," he answered. She let out a round of laughter, and he understood why immediately. "Mang-aasar ka nanaman?" 

"It's been ten years, Ian! Hanggang now, katip girl ka parin?" 

"Hanggang now, conyo ka parin?" 

They both chuckled. There was always an ease between them; their supposed awkward meetings always ended in this, laughter, comfort.

"So, I guess it's just us sa kada who's here..." he trailed off, thoughts of him leaving long gone now that she's here.

"Mhmm. I thought nga me lang, eh."

"Is that why you were going to leave?"

She shook her head, no. "I wasn't going to leave. They'll be here naman later on, but I didn't want to sit in the table alone, so I was gonna tambay sa..." she said the location in a hushed whisper, as if shy to reveal him the information.