Prince frowns deeply then motions for me to come over in his direction. I sigh, heading to the chair near the couch he was on with my chef coat and hat in my arms. He leans forward rubbing his hands together while we sat there in silence. I didn't hide my actions of watching him closely as he couldn't look me in the eyes—whatsoever.

"Am I here to just sit in awkward silence?"

"You're here because we need to address a few things." He answers me in a slightly stern tone. I rest my items in my lap and intertwine my hands as Prince finally looks me directly in the eyes. "Is that okay?"

I shrug, "Fine by me." I didn't know if I was supposed to speak if since he continues to be silent, I'm guessing to get his thoughts together. "May I say what I need to get off my chest?" I scoot slightly off the chair as Prince nods.

"Um...Well, this is as awkward for you as it is for me. I enjoy the side friendship we have—I know our work relationship comes first. You are my boss and I am your employee. The problem is that we both know what was gonna happen that night and you pushed me away."

"I didn't mean to do that—I don't think that I pushed you away."

I crank my neck back as I begin to glare in his direction. "So what exactly did you do?" My arms fold under my chest while trying not to become angry. "I think acting like we weren't going to kiss and telling me nothing happen is a bit like pushing me away along with the situation."

Prince sighs heavily, "I did push the situation away but I never pushed you away. I needed time to think about everything."

"You never said that."

"Because I—Nariah, this is too difficult for me."

I shut my eyes taking a deep breath to calm myself and then begin to chew on the inside of my cheek. Prince watches me with those big wide soulful eyes. "Just tell me that you didn't mean to do it and we can move on from it, Prince. You say it's difficult for you but imagine how confused I am right now? How is it difficult for you?"

He starts to get annoyed by my tone, I can tell from the look on his face. "I know that you are feeling confused by all of this—It's just I can't wrap my head around it fully. Just please work with me right now, Riah." Prince stresses.

"Okay," I mumble. "Say what you need to say."

Prince looks down at his hands before glancing back into my eyes once again. Fear sits in the bottom of my stomach as he opens his mouth. "I like you."

"I like you too, Prince?" I said back in a confusing tone as he laughs. "What?"

"No, I like you. I like your energy and spirit. I like seeing you every day and the gorgeous smile that you give everyone you see. It's much more but..." Prince sighs and smiles lightly while I'm stunned by his words. "I really like you, Nariah. Yes, it's possibly crazy because we just met and you work for me but I--"

"You like me?" I whisper, and everything is starting to click in my mind. From how he treats me, what he has done for me and how Courtney was already speaking on it. He slowly nods his head, "Wow...I'm—wow." Just lost for words completely.

"I needed to share that with you even if you don't feel the same way. I did want to kiss you that night but I didn't know if that was because I was lonely or because I actually wanted to kiss you." He explains in the act of me in a full haze of this moment, my eyes are just staring at the cream-colored vase on the coffee table in front of me. "If you are uncomfortable, I understand--"

I raise my hand for him to stop speaking which he did. Slowly, I begin gathering thoughts of if I liked him back. It's many times I've said he's beyond handsome, but Prince is honesty one of the best human beings I have met in my life. He's a genuine soul, I enjoy being in his company and he gives me butterflies every time I see or speak with him.