Chapter 16 - The Day After

Start from the beginning

I bust out laughing.

"Come on Sannnn. Not cool." Jess groaned.

"But it was funny."

"Not" Jamie said feigning annoyance.

"On a serious note... she loved it." I beamed.

"That's what I'm talkin about!"

"Heck yeah!"

"I need to shower so you can either stay and hear about it or I'll tell you guys tomorrow."

"Don't play games, start the story." Jamie urged.

"Okay well..." I turned off the camera and placed the iPad on the sink counter and went on with the story. "We went to the roller rink first as we talked about and it was hilariously cute watching her in the beginning. She couldn't really skate for shit, I do not mean that in a rude way, it's just been so long since she's gotten out on the rink, so she was practically squeezing my hand to death because she kept almost falling."

I went through the night, telling them about her successfully learning something knew, then about our random conversations when we went on that sweet run and finally about the movie.

"Oh yeah and then we kissed." I added.

Thank the high heavens I didn't have any earphones in or I swear I'd be momentarily deaf or something with the way they were shrieking.

"Geez relax you don't have to be so loud!"

"Ummm excuse me but yes we do." Jessica sounded so offended.

"What she said. Why wouldn't we be this loud? What aren't you this loud?"

"That's the better question." Jess agreed.

It felt like I was in there long enough so I turned the water off and made my way to my room.

"That's a good question that I don't have the answer to." I answered.

"Since you can't answer that... how was it? Finally kissed the girl of your dreams, had to be like, magical or something." Jamie inquired.

"As much as I would love to answer that I need to get to sleep. Night guyssssssss." I drawled out as I left the call hearing Jamie hounding me with questions and Jess telling me to go because I 'don't want to look tired when I see her again.'

Those two.
———————

I am so frickin tired.

This day feels like it's been going on for years and it's only first hourrrrr. Well now it's second, thankfully lunch is only one more class away though, I might just be able to get through the day.

I made the usual uneventful walk to my English class. I swear I can't frickin stand this guy.

"Santana Lopez"

"Present" I respond to Mr. Taylors.

"Could you come up here for a moment?"

Of course

"How may I help you?" I asked politely even though I'm tired and irritated because I'm tired. I even forced a smile for good measure.

"I have yet to receive your essay, it was due days ago you know."

"And I gave it to you days ago." I spoke through clenched teeth, still trying to hold the smile.

"So where is it?" He countered.

"Why would I know the answer to that? Maybe you should look again because I already did the work and I am not rewriting that."

"It's either that or I give you a zero."