The Tale of the Seven Lords

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I told you it looked interesting."

"Great! I'll lend it to you then. But make sure to give it back once you finish."

"Yes Sir, Leviathan Sir!" you said, in a military way.

Uh...?

You notice something moving inside the aquarium. You thought there wasn't anything there besides the rocks and plants, but there's actually an animal inside.

"Is that your pet?" you said, pointing at the aquarium.

"Yes. That's Henry! I love TSL so much that I couldn't help naming his after the main character."

Leviathan stared down at the floor before looking back at you again.

"The original author of TSL, Christopher Peugeot, he's actually a human, you know? That's why I'm so jealous of you guys."

Not again...

But Levi didn't seem like he would stop.

"Humans are so lucky. You've got subscription services that let you watch your favorite anime anytime, you can go to Akihabara whenever you want... Why do only you guys get to experience all the good stuff?"

Avatar of Envy really sums up for what he is.

Leviathan kept talking about how envious he was of humans and all he wished he could do once he was in the human world, but you weren't paying attention anymore.

But why can't he just go to the human world? I mean...I'm here, right? He could just go there too.

"You know what? Screw the normies!" he shouted.

What? I mean...sure, okay. I can go along with that.

***

"Anyway, I didn't bring you here to talk about TSL."

"Oh, right! I had forgotten already."

"Yeah, well... I don't think there's any harm in just coming out and saying what you already know is true."

"You're coming out?" you asked, a little shocked since you had just met.

"What the hell?! No! Why would you think that?!" he yelled "I was gonna say Mammon is a complete and utter scumbag."

"Oh, that."

"Why do you look so disappointed?! What's wrong with you?"

"Well, when someone says they're coming out, is usually for that so I thought–"

"It doesn't matter!" he interrupted you.

Then why did you even ask?

"It's very important that you understand this. So I'll say it one more time. Mammon is a hopeless... worthless... scumbag!"

He yelled the last part.

Geez, I already knew that! Why is he screaming?

"The thing is, I lent that scumbag money, and now I want him to pay me back. But being the scumbag that he is, he won't do it."

And what do I have to do with that?

"I wish I could force him to, but despite what a rotten waste of space he is, Mammon's still the second oldest. As the third oldest, no matter how hard I try, I don't stand a chance against him."

"If you knew he wouldn't give it back, why did you lent him money in the first place?"

"You don't get it. If I didn't lent him the money he asked for, he would've stolen every last Grimm I have." Levi sighed.

Scumbag.

"But if, say, a human made a pact with Mammon, and bond him to their service..."

"So you want me to make a pact with him to get your money back?" you asked "You said before that Mammon used me to get away from you, but you're doing the same."

Such a hypocrite.

"You could use Mammon for what you want after. I just need my money back. It's not that big of a deal to make a pact with him for that."

"Sure, whatever. But Mammon doesn't seem like the type to randomly make pacts with humans." you noted "I need something to use against him to make sure he can't say no."

Leviathan's eyes wide open as you finish talking.

"Man, I wouldn't want to be your enemy..." he whispered.

"So, what's the plan? You have one, don't you? That's why you brought me here."

"Y-yeah. Of course I do."

"Spit it out. I'm all ears."

"You see, Lucifer has something that Mammon wants. Something he'd kill to get."

"And that would be...?" you ask.

"Mammon's credit card, which Lucifer took away from him."

A credit card? And he would make a pact for it? That's basically giving off his life for it!

"Hey, I see that look on your face, and I know what you're thinking! Well, you've got no idea just how much he depends on that thing."

"He is the Avatar of Greed after all, so I guess that makes sense."

"That idiot used it constantly. Never stopped. Eventually, Lucifer had had enough of his behavior so he confiscated it."

Leviathan put a serious look on his face.

"There's nothing Mammon wouldn't do, if it meant getting his credit card back. So listen up. I want you to talk to Lucifer and find out where he's hidden it."

"Alright. I'll see what I can do." you said.

"One more thing..."

"I know. I know. Lucifer can't find out. If he does, he won't tell me anything."