Chapter One

⚠️warning⚠️: Suicide references, mentions of death, topic of depression  at times. Boy x Boy love, please don't leave hate, love is love! If you do not like any of these themes or topics, please do not read this.

A new year, new friends, new school. We all know that feeling of despair and sadness, leaving all our old friends to go to a new school, but we have the small light of hope that we'll make new friends. And that's what's happened now. Moving from Tokyo, leaving all your friends, family, everyone even your parents and moving to Miyagi Prefecture, Tōhoku region to go to Karasuno High.

Well, that's me. Moving from Tokyo to Miyagi. Right, My name is Kanji Ryuuko. I'm a sixteen year old rejected high school student. I used to play Volleyball, now I read books and sit alone thinking all the time. I used to be popular. And I still am popular. But, I used to be popular for my skills in Volleyball and beating the King in a match. Now, I'm popular for being a Volleyball manager. All because of this stupid arm. You see when I was fourteen, I, well. I'll tell you this truthfully. I tried to commit suicide. Receiving the amount of hate I received at the time, the amount of love I received, the constantly changing myself for society, and faking a smile all the damn time. It was too much, I couldn't handle it, so I made the decision to do what I was told, die. But I survived it, with a broken leg and a broken arm, my leg healed after a month or two. But my arm, it was a nonunion break, so it didn't heal. And I was told that I wouldn't ever be able to play Volleyball again due to the break. No matter how much I tried to play Volleyball, I ended up back in the hospital. Every. Single. Dang. Time. So I gave up. That is what I'm good at, giving up.

Well, let's skip to the present then shall we.

I stood infront of the gate to my new school. Freshman year in Karasuno High. I stepped through the gate. A shoulder smashed against my fine shoulder, the ache in my shoulder was quite painful. I watched the blonde walk off, his hands in his pockets. "Hey! You!" I shouted and walked to catch up with the blonde that hit me. I tapped his shoulder. "What?" He said, turning around, his tone was cold. He was an inch taller than me, his glasses were pushed up the bridge of his nose by his middle finger. He pulled his headphones down and they wrapped around his shoulder and both sides of his neck. "The least you could do is apologise for hitting me." I sighed, waiting for the cold blonde to say sorry. "No, not really." He answered, as he pulled his black headphones back over his head and walked off to his green haired friend. "UZENDAYO BAKA!" I shouted, which means, Fuck Off fool, as he walked away with his friend, as he stuck his middle finger up at me and flipped me off behind his back as he left.

I let out a frustrated sigh and walked off, through the main doors to my classroom.

"I know we are a week into your freshman year, but we have a new student joining us today." The teacher said as I walked into the classroom. "Please introduce yourself Sama." The teacher said, if you don't know, Sama means Sir. "Hello." I did a 90⁰ bow. "Oh my fucking god! It's that guy! You know the ex-Volleyball player." I overheard people saying. "Hello, my name is Kanji Ryuuko." I said, as I scratched the back of my neck. "Is there anything else?" The teacher asked making me look at her. "No." I said, coldly. "What about your Volleyball career. Or the rumours about you trying to kill yourself two years ago." The teacher said, my eyes widened in shock. "I said no." I said, sternly and coldly. I looked around to see a familiar blonde, it was the same blonde as earlier. "Are you sure?" One of the students asked sarcastically. The cold blonde had a smirk plastered on his face. "Fuck this shit." I said as my jaw and fist clenched tightly. My phone rang continuously, but my anger blocked out most of the sound. I launched my stuff on the floor and grabbed my phone. I pressed the green accept button. "Fuck Off shittykawa." I said coldly, as I put my phone on speaker as I walked towards the door. "Hey hey, no need to speak to the famous Oikawa like that, Ryuuko." Oikawa said, loudly. "Shut the fuck up." I said, coldly. "Dang~ cutie, your so cold." He said again, I had enough now, I could hear people whispering about my sexuality. "Fuck Off Shittykawa, suck up to someone else, I'm not coming back, not ever. I told you I've given up on Volleyball, just like you told me to." I said as I walked out the class room door and slammed it shut.