Chapter 7

Y/n is now lying down on his bed as Jean watches him. It's been a few hours now and the adventurer is now starting to regain his consciousness.

His eyelids were starting to open as his hands were also trying to move.

"Y/n..." Jean said as Y/n started moving more wild but still not conscious. He started to punch the air as Jean tried to stop it.

"Y/n, wake up!" Jean said as Y/n opened his eyes and immediately stopped.

"J- Jean? Where's Signora? I need to kill her..." Y/n said as he sat down. Jean gave Y/n headpats and brushed his messy hair.

"Calm down, Y/n. Why look for her when you can stay safe here with me?" Jean said to Y/n who was looking more eccentric and tired than normal.

"You- I- I can't... You must've known by now. Why are you still here? Jean, I;m a piece of trash who tried to take part in something that could destroy a nation filled with nice people in exchange for Mora. Jean, why are you still here with me? You should've just left me there..." Y/n said as he hugged Jean's waist and cried.

"You say I should get away from you but here you are, hugging me, like a child not wanting his mom to leave." Jean remarked.

"Fine, you can go now. I- I'm going out."

Y/n said as he took off his hold on Jean's waist, stood up, and started to walk outside of his room.

"Y/n, wait!" Jean said as she pulled Y/n's hand, making him turn around as his lips met Jean's lips, making the two share a kiss.

"Y/n, don't go... You already had proven yourself to be nice when you helped me and the others with Dvalin. I now get on what your redemption is... Most importantly, I love you. Are these good enough reasons for you to stay?" Jean said as she broke the kiss and hugged Y/n.

"Jean... I- I just can't..." Y/n said as he resisted Jean's hug. Eventually, Y/n broke free, he got his sword and a small coin pouch and ran away. Jean followed him outside the city gate, Y/n has now reached the other side of the bridge as he tried to make a water geyser but failed.

"Crap, Signora took the delusion... I can't form the geysers now... Oh well, better just run." Y/n said as he ran as fast as he could.

.

.

.

~few weeks later~

"Fischl, it's been weeks and we still haven't found Y/n." Bennett said as he sat down after another long day of him and Fischl searching for Y/n.

"Maybe it's because of your bad luck." Fischl teased.

"I may be unlucky but don't do me dirty like that." Bennett said as he sheepishly scratched the nape of his neck.

"He left without even telling us..." Fischl said.

"He had his reasons but no wonder he said to us back then that he knows the Fatui too well. I still can't believe it as well." Bennett said.

"May I add, mein Fraulein, but what if we check at the guild again? Some of the other adventurers might have seen Y/n." Oz said to the duo.

"Oz, we've already asked them three times today. But I'm glad you're concerned about Y/n as well." Fischl answered.

"Let's take a break for now... I'm getting pretty hungry." Bennett said as his stomach started growling.

"Alright... We could search for him again tomorrow if we don't have commissions." Fischl said as she and Bennett made their way back to Mondstadt.

.

.

.

"I'm not used to not having Y/n here..." A drunk Kaeya said as he slammed his cup on the table as Diluc took the bottle of wine away from him.

"How about you, Diluc? What do you think of Y/n now? Did you have a change of heart knowing that he was connected to the Fatui?" Kaeya asked.

"Oh? Y/n? I knew that he was suspicious right from the start and the event a few weeks ago just proved my point right... but when I was fighting with him, side by side, I knew that his intentions were pure." Diluc said as he prepared another drink for a certain bard.

"Does Master Diluc have a soft spot for Y/n? Well, Isn't this a rare occurrence?" Venti said as he drank the drink Diluc gave him.

"Tch, I have no time for this. Also, you two haven't paid for the drinks you drank last night." Diluc remarked to Kaeya, who already fell asleep on how drunk he was... and Venti, who suddenly ran off, leaving Diluc alone.

"Good grief..." Diluc sighed in defeat.

.

.

.

"Is there any news about Y/n's whereabouts?" Jean asked Amber, who she tasked to find Y/n.

"There are many reports, Master Jean... but the problem is, Y/n is said to move camps frequently and judging by where he was last seen, the places he camps in are random... Some actually reported that he has crossed Mondstadt and Liyue's borders from time to time, making it harder for me and the other knights as we do not have jurisdiction beyond Mondstadt's borders." Amber said, explaining the dire situation of finding Y/n.

"I- I see... Thank you, Amber." Jean said as she sat back down.

"I- I still can't believe that Y/n did all that... even if it's already weeks." Amber said as Jean nodded.

"N- No one did... We all know that Y/n is nice but he seems to not get over the fact that he was connected to the Fatui and since we can't find him, all we can do is wait and maybe the wind will lead us to him, or it will lead him to us." Jean said.

"Right, all we can do is hope for the best." Amber said as she left Jean's office.

"Y/n, may the wind lead you back here to us as we have fully accepted you... I just hope you will as I still love you. Jean said to herself as she looked out the window.