Chapter 4

"So this is where the Fatui hid the lyre?" Y/n asked Diluc.

"Yes, the intel I got couldn't have been mistaken. You, me, and Traveler here will go there undercover. Take this mask. You too, traveler." Diluc said as he gave Y/n and Aether a Fatui mask as he also put on one. Y/n and Aether followed and wore their seemingly simple disguise.

"Be careful, we'll be fighting against Signora in the worst case scenario." Y/n said.

"Signora?" Paimon asked.

"We should go inside now. Save the talks for later." Diluc said as they followed.

"So who is Signora again?" Paimon asked.

"Eighth of the eleven Fatui Harbingers. The Harbingers are like the top of the Fatui only under their Archon, Tsaritsa." Diluc said.

"If you want to know more about Signora, she has the powers of Cryo but would release her powers of Pyro when needed." Y/n said making Diluc a bit suspicious.

"Oh, is that so? How do you know?" Diluc said, making Y/n nervous.

"Word just spread to me. I'm an adventurer and some of the ones I knew had encounters with the Fatui, let alone with some of the Harbingers themselves. There's Childe, the Eleventh, holding a vision of Hydro with an Electro delusion. There's Scaramouche, the sixth. There's more but let's save this for next time." Y/n said as they continued, going deeper in the domain.

Their time there was rather uneventful. The combined prowess of Aether, Y/n, and Diluc has proven to be too strong for the Fatui inside. Eventually, they got the lyre and escaped safely.

"Next are the tears, right?" Y/n said as Diluc nodded.

"The locations are pretty spread out on the map but this is gonna be easy if everything goes to plan." Diluc said.

"Alrig- Ack!" Y/n screamed as he fell down on his knees. Suddenly, an invisible Fatui agent made himself visible to Diluc and Aether.

"Y/n!" Diluc said as he unleashed his burst, carrying the agent up with the flames followed by the agent falling and finally, dying.

"Crap, he's bleeding!" Diluc said as he checked Y/n's wound, the wound was a slash through Y/n's back making him bleed profusely.

"We need to rush, traveler! Y/n's unconscious." Diluc said as Aether nodded.

.

.

.

"I- Where am I?" Y/n said as he tried to stand up.

"Stop! You're not going anywhere." A voice said. Y/n looked up and saw Jean.

"Jean? Wh- What happened to me? I remember falling down..." Y/n asked.

"A Fatui agent attacked you from behind. Luckily, Diluc was able to kill it before it can do more damage." Jean said.

"Crap, what about the tears?!" Y/n said.

"Believe it or not, you were asleep for a few days. We already got them all and now the next move is going to the Stormterror's lair." Jean explained.

"Damn... I'm sorry for being a burden." Y/n said.

"Don't worry... You may not notice it but you're helping us more than what you think." Jean said.

"By the way, why are you here? You have more important work than taking care of me, Jean." Y/n said, making Jean flustered.

"Why? Is there a problem?" Jean countered.

"No... Actually, having a cute girl nurse me is a dream come true." Y/n teased.

"S- Stop it... Even in cases like this you're still able to let a joke out." Jean said.

"Of course, why keep yourself gloomy after all? We're also close to our goal... but I don't think I can join you guys with Dvalin. My wound is still hurting me. Even if I really wanted to..." Y/n said, disappointed with what had happened.

"It's fine, Y/n. We'll handle it. Your efforts will not be in vain." Jean said, making Y/n's heart beat faster. Y/n knew that there was nothing of romance in what Jean had said but her saying that his efforts will not be wasted struck him. He remembered the times when he was still an informant for the Fatui, he knew that the information he gave them is more valuable than the small amount of Mora they gave him but he still did it as he was in a set of dire financial problems.

Him remembering this however, has made him more guilty as his conscience is not putting him on the edge. Y/n has cheated death because of the help of the people who are facing a crisis that he had a contribution in. Even if he's not related on why Dvalin is in pain, he still helped the Fatui, who's plotting to take down Dvalin, an important symbol for Mondstadt as Dvalin is part of The Four Winds.

"Alright, I'll trust you guys with that." Y/n said.

"The Hilichurls are having a planned ambush when we're gonna strike Dvalin. If you're somehow okay at that time, you can help there but also keep in mind your health. It was a hard time patching you up, you know? I even got Barbara, my little sister, to help me heal you." Jean said, surprising Y/n.

"No wonder when I saw her, it reminded me of you." Y/n remarked.

"Do we actually look alike?" Jean asked.

"A bit... But you're more beautiful if you're curious." Y/n said as he winked.

"You're at it again..." Jean said as she sighed in defeat.

"Once Dvalin has calmed down... Can I court you?" Y/n said, surprising Jean even more.

"Aren't you a bit too fast?" Jean said, all flustered.

"I know... But that makes me... me." Y/n said.

"You really are unique. Fine, you can... But I can't say if I'd ever say those sweet words you'd yearn for." Jean said as she smiled.

"Oh? Are you challenging me?" Y/n asked.

"Maybe I am. Anyways, I have work to do. See you, Y/n." Jean said.

"Heh, alright. See you too." Y/n said as Jean left.

It is to be said that Y/n and Jean have now let their feelings get ahead of themselves. Jean has remarked that Y/n is too fast yet she has also fallen for him quickly, such irony and ignorance is too bliss for the two however.