The Party

They reach the hall. In the party, they come across a man, standing with his wife.

The Man:- Areh Trilochan, kitne dino baad mulaqat huyi. Aap hi logo ka intezaar kar rahe the. Kaise ho sab?

Trilochan:- Haan bus Dugga Maa ki kripa se acche hi hai. Namaste Boudi. Aur aap sab kaise hai?

His Wife:- Hum bhi acche hai.

Trilochan:- Rukiye aapko kisise milwana hai.

*Shouts at Anirudh* :- Yahan aa zara Anirudh.

             Anirudh comes.

Trilochan:- Inse mil, yeh hai humare woh vyapari dost jinke baarein mein hum tujhe raaste mein bata rahe the. Ramanuj ji hai, humare bachpan ke saathi, jigri dost. Aur yeh unki patni, Sushila ji. (pointing towards the couple).

Anirudh:- Namaste.

Ramanuj:- Tumse milke boht khushi huyi, Anirudh.

            Anirudh smiles.

Trilochan:- Waise inn dono ki ek beti bhi hai, woh toh abhi badi ho gayi hogi na?

Ramanuj:- Haan yahi aapke bhatije Anirudh ke umar ki hogi. (22)

Trilochan:- Areh waah! Ekdum chhoti thi tab dekha tha usko.

               Then they hear an announcement. 

Announcer:- So ladies and gentlemen, jis ghadi ka aap sabko itni der se intezaar tha, finally woh ghadi aa gayi hai. Thodi hi der mein humare Viceroy General Sir hum sabke beech upasthit honge. Phir ek ek karke saare nimantrit parivaaron ko unka swaagat karne ke liye bulaya jayega.

                             After 5 mins, the Viceroy enters the hall, surrounded by security guards. He heads to take his seat on the royal chair. He sits down.

The Announcer:- Toh sabse pehle Viceroy Sir ka swaagat karne aayengi Vikramganj ki Rani, Vaibhavi Devi. Rani Sahiba ko stage pe aane ke liye anurodh kiya jaata hai.

                The Rani climbs up the stairs, reaches the stage, and then heads to the chair of Viceroy. She greets him with a huge bouquet of flowers, and heartily welcomes him to Bengal. They shake hands. The Queen hands some beautiful gifts to the Viceroy, which she has specially brought for him. The servant standing beside the Viceroy takes the gifts from him and keeps them aside. They talk for some time. 

After the Rani and the Viceroy finish their conversation, 

The announcer:- Ab aayenge Tulsipur ke jaanemaane zamindar Trilochan Roy Choudhury, aur unke businessman bhai Binoy Roy Choudhury, Viceroy ka swaagat karne.

            The trio climbs up the stage.

Binoy:- Hello, Mr. Viceroy. I am Binoy Roy Choudhury...

Viceroy:- Yes, yes, yes. I've heard a lot many things about you and your business. You are a great man.

Binoy:- Woh toh aapka badappan hai. You are the greatest. 

         The Viceroy laughs.

Binoy: And he is my elder brother, Trilochan Roy Choudhury. Zamindar hai yahanke.

Trilochan:- Namaste.

Viceroy:- Hello, Zamindar Sahb. And who is he? (pointing towards Anirudh)

Trilochan:- Yeh humara bhatija, matlab Binoy ka sabse bada beta, Anirudh.

Anirudh:- Hello, Sir. I'm a gold-medalist barrister, passout from King's College in London. Bus isi saal apni padhai khatam karke India wapas aaya hoon. Welcome to Tulsipur, Sir.

Viceroy:- Hello, Mr. Anirudh. It's so nice talking to you.

Anirudh:- Nice to meet you too Sir. *smiles*

Binoy:- And Sir, we hope ki aapko humare diye huye saare gifts pasand aaye ho.

Viceroy:- Yes, they are amazing. I loved them!

      They are glad. They have a conversation for quite a long time, mostly about business and lands.

               As the conversation ends, they climb down the stage. Then the announcer calls the other guests one after another to come up on the stage and greet the Viceroy.

Down the stage---

Trilochan is busy talking with his childhood friend, Ramanuj. Binoy is busy discussing business with his businessmen friends. Only Anirudh has got to do no work there, so he just keeps standing alone in one corner. Rani Sahiba comes.

Rani:- Hello Mr. Anirudh. Aap kuch lena pasand karenge?

Anirudh:- No no thanks, mam. I don't need anything.

Rani:- Areh aise kaise kuch nahi chahiye. Hum pehli baar mil rahe hai aapse, aapki khatirdari karna toh humara farz banta hai. Afterall you are our guest. Kuch toh lijiye.

Anirudh:- But...

Rani:- Accha, zyada kuch nahi toh sharbat hi pi lijiye. Mera mann rakhne ke liye hi pi lijiye. Lijiye, please. (holding a glass of juice in her hand)

              Anirudh hesitates.

Rani:- Hichkichaiyein mat, lijiye na. 

In this hustle, suddenly her hand gets shaken and the drink falls on Anirudh's coat.

Rani:- Oh. I'm extremely sorry. Maine yeh jaan-bujhkar nahi kiya. Galti se gir gaya. Maaf kar dijiye.

Anirudh:- No no it's all ok. Mam aap please aise sorry mat boliye. Aisi chhoti-moti galtiyan toh hoti rehti hai na. It's all fine. I'll just go and clean it.

Rani:- Ok ok sure, please go.

          Then Anirudh goes to the washroom to clean his coat with water. While doing so, he hears some noises coming from a room near the washroom. He grows suspicious and tries to find out from where the noise is coming. There are a few rooms near the washroom, with all their doors closed. He puts his ear on the door of every room, to detect from which room the noise is coming. He understands that the noise is coming from the room on the left side of the washroom. On detecting that, he pushes open the door of that room to find out what's going inside.