You place your bag on a nearby chair and kick off your sandals, then strip out of your shorts and T-shirt combo you had thrown on to walk over. You take your towel out and shove the clothes into your bag.

You feel Rafe's eyes on you as you walk over to the hot tub. He quickly sheds his shirt and follows you over, waiting patiently as you lower yourself into the bubbling water. Even though it's hot out, the warm water feels good. You wind your hair up into a bun before sitting down on the built-in, wraparound bench.

Once everyone is in and situated, Kelce grabs his lighter from the side of the hot tub and lights the blunt. You only hit it twice before you start feeling it's effects.

The deeper into the smoke session you get, the more evident the pairings become. Topper and Natalie are cuddled up together, Madelyn is fully in Kelce's lap, and you've turned sideways, extending your legs across Rafe's lap. That's when things start to get tricky.

The effects of Kildare's finest herb has fully taken a hold of your senses, and time is merely a social construct now. You're leaning into Rafe's chest with one arm around his back, while your other hand brings the blunt to your lips to inhale. You hold in the smoke as you offer it to Rafe.

Instead of taking it from you, he turns his face toward yours and gently grabs your chin. "Shot gun it," he says, leaning in so close that your lips are almost touching. You automatically exhale, blowing the smoke into his mouth.

"Not gonna lie, that was kind of hot," Madelyn says as Rafe exhales the smoke and takes the blunt from you. You just grin at her, then look up at Rafe as he brings the blunt to his lips, his cheeks sucking in as he hits it hard before passing it to Topper's outstretched hand.

"We do what we can," Rafe says, the smoke trickling out as he speaks. You giggle at his comment, but it's cut short when his hand dips under the water and finds a home on the inside of your thigh just above your knee. You feel his fingers tracing random patterns along your skin.

The blunt is finished before it makes it around to you again, which is fine with you, because you're way up in the clouds. Natalie starts a conversation about her and Madelyn's hometown, but you're only half listening, because the distraction Rafe is creating underwater has most of your attention. He has one arm around your back supporting you, and his hand rests on your hip, fiddling with the tie of your bikini bottom. His other hand is still tracing patterns along your inner thigh, but it's moved slightly higher since he first placed it there. Your skin feels like it's on fire where his hands are.

You try to focus on what the others are saying, but Rafe's light touch moves even higher, now well above your knee. You lean into him more, settling your head into the crook of his neck.

"Y/n?" Topper says.

"Hmm?" you reply, severely distracted. You feel Rafe's low chuckle in his chest. He knows exactly what he's doing to you.

"Never mind, you're gone," Topper says with a laugh. "I'll just get you one."

He gets out of the hot tub and grabs his towel, heading towards the pool house. He re-emerges a couple minutes later laden down with water bottles. He passes them out to everyone.

Rafe's hand moves from your thigh to accept the water, and you instantly miss it. You take a water for yourself and sit up straight to drink it. The cool water helps clear your cloudy thoughts a bit and perk you up, but just slightly. You watch as Rafe chugs his whole bottle quickly, his throat bobbing with every swallow. He caps the bottle and sets it behind him.

You're still pretty far gone, so once you've finished your water, you reassume your previous position on Rafe, grabbing his wrist under the water and placing it back on the inside of your thigh where it was before. He gives you a little smirk before tuning back into Kelce and Topper and their conversation about golf.