12 | ᴇxᴘᴏsᴇᴅ

•𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑒 24, 2021•

I haven't been to the sandlot since that whole "period incident" a few days ago. I figured they forgot all about it or just didn't care, but it was still embarrassing.

On the other hand, I was still completely swooning over Benny. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I hoped there was a slight chance he liked me, but I knew that was impossible. He was way too good for me.

I slowly chewed on my cereal as I scrolled through Instagram. It was all boring stuff that I didn't really care about.

I sighed as I continued scrolling. Suddenly, my spoon dropped from my hands.

"What?" I whispered to myself. "No, that can't be right..."

I zoomed in on the photo and felt my heart drop.

It was a picture Maddie had posted of her and Benny kissing. I almost threw up the cereal that I had just eaten.

The caption said: "With my favorite boy @bennyrodiguezz. I love you <3"

I smacked my phone down and held my hands over my eyes. I let out a long groan.

"I thought they broke up," I muttered inside my head.

My heart physically ached with pain. Why did I have to get so hung up on this boy? He clearly didn't care about me so why was I so upset about this?

I felt tears welling up in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away when I saw Luke come into view.

"Hey," he muttered quietly as he examined the contents inside the fridge.

I just let out a low hum. He looked at me, one eyebrow raised in suspicion. "You okay?"

I nodded and kept my eyes down. "I'm fine."

"Em, I know when something's up with you. What's wrong?"

I looked up at him and burst into tears. "I love him so much but he doesn't care about me!"

Luke looked startled. "What? Who doesn't care about you?"

I sobbed into my hands. "Benny! I thought he liked me but I was wrong! I don't know why I agreed to be friends with him in the first place! I knew he was just going to break my heart!"

Luke opened his mouth to speak but didn't say anything. Instead, he just wrapped me into his arms and gently rubbed my back.

We stood there for a good two minutes just hugging while I continued to cry.

Once I had no more tears left to cry, I let go of Luke. I looked up at him. "I'm sorry..."

He shrugged. "It's okay. I know how bad heartbreak feels."

I wiped my nose and sniffed. "Yeah, it sucks. I just thought he was over his ex but she just posted a photo of them kissing."

"Shit..." he gasped. "Show me."

I opened my phone and showed him the post. He examined it and frowned.

"I'm so sorry, Em. This is just foul."

"I think she knew I would see it," I murmured. "That's probably why she posted it."

He nodded. "Maybe. But try not to let it-"

He cut himself off abruptly. I looked back up at him. "What? What's wrong?"

He pointed to my phone. "I...um...I accidentally liked it..."

"What?!" I shouted as I snatched my phone out of his hands. "No, no, no! Luke, you idiot! She's gonna see that!"

"Just unlike it! The notification won't go through if you unlike it."