Chapter 25: It's all a blur

It was sunrise, the sun was peaking over to horizon. It was a beautiful day out! Lukas was first to get up, he was always up with the birds. Petra was of course still asleep. She was a late sleeper. So he took out his book and started to write.

After a while of writing he heard something. "Oh hey, blondie."

"Stop calling me that."

"No, get used to it."

"Fine."

"Whatcha writing there?"

"Nothing."

"Mm yeah right."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act dumb! I know you like her!"

"Y- yeah.." He started to blush.

"Are you really admitting?"

"Well um..."

"Well?"

"We are um kinda dating.. I think?"

"What?! You never even been on a date yet!"

"I know, but i love her and she loves me and that's all that counts."

"I mean i guess, yeah.."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Petraa..."

"Fine! I'm sad because i know I'm never gonna find my soulmate okay?!"

"You'll find that special someone! Any guy would be more than lucky to go out with you!"

"You really think so?"

"Yeah!"

"Thanks."

"No problem." Lukas then stopped for a minute before adding on again. "I think we should get going if we wanna save Jesse and most importantly beacontown!"

"Alright."

The two then packed up their stuff and headed North away from beacontown. "Um, Lukas i know it's daytime but watch our backs okay?"

"Mhm, yeah sure."

Lukas was in deep train thought. He couldn't stop thinking about Jesse.. If she was okay, if she was alright, if she was even alive.

He was extremely worried. What if he was too late to save her? What if he couldn't find her? What if they were in square one again?

No, this couldn't be the end.. Surely they had to save her.. It just had to happen, it just had too.

Lukas was such in deep thought that he didn't even notice the small hole in the ground and he fell in it.
"Ouch! A warning would've been nice eh?"

"I was trying to warn you but you were zoned out, you wouldn't answer me!"

"Yeah i guess that's fair."

"Are you ok?"

"Oh yes sure I'm fine after falling into a hole!" He replied sarcastically.

"That's not what i- ugh never mind! Let me help you up." She said giving him a hand.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Come on let's keep moving."

"Alright."
____________________________________
Jesse wasn't doing so good, her skin was turning pale and she was starving. "I- my skin is starting to turn pale... I- I'm starving.." Jesse said looking at her hands.

"You're gonna be ok, just wait. We'll be free soon. I promise you.." Jessa replied.

"I- i just need some food, that's it.."

"I know, you're gonna be ok! I promise. That friend of yours is gonna be here soon, isn't he?"

"Y- yeah..."

"Just hold up until then! You're gonna make it out just fine!"

"I- i don't know.. Maybe this is it."

"No,"

"Yeah.. Maybe this is where I'll die.."

"No Jesse no you're gonna be-"

"Why am i believing anymore! All those adventures! All the times i didn't die.. Maybe I'm just meant to die here."

"No.."

"Besides, if i do make it I'll barely make it."

"Stop it with this nonsense! You're gonna make it i promise you."

"Well, maybe you're right.."

"Yep, I'm always right."

Jesse chuckled at that. "Maybe you should lay down and rest."

"Okay." Jesse said then laid down on the floor.

"There, you're ok you're ok."

Jesse could barely see anything or hear anything.. everything was blurry..

She was close to dying, so she hoped that Lukas was close to her, wherever he was...

My writers block is finally going away! Yay! Anyway hope you guys liked this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it! What do you think is going to happen? I'd love to hear your theories down below! ;)

Cya in chapter 26!