Chapter 24

"He passed out because everything upset him so much. Maybe it was also, because he didn't even eat anything this morning. It was just too much for him." I heard someone speak muffled.

Shortly afterwards I felt the mattress on which I was lying sink a little and someone stroked my cheek gently with their knuckles.

"Shit, he was doing so well two weeks ago." A second voice came on, which I quickly identified as Niall's.

I leaned closer to the gentle touches on my cheek that I was sure were coming from Harry. "Hey Loubear, are you awake, sweets? Are you in pain? Should I organize pain medication for you, from the nurses?"

I twisted my lips in a small smile. "It's okay, Harry. It's alright. No thanks."

"Are you going to open your eyes for me? Niall is here too."

I nodded.

I only held it shut, because I had the feeling that this darkness would be good for me and that all the colours around me would overwhelm me with their intensity.

"Hey, there you are, Lou." Harry smiled in relief when I blinked and looked at him.

"Hi buddy." Niall, who was standing at the foot of the bed and grinning uncertainly at me, greeted me too.

"Nialler, nice to see you. How are you doing?" I asked quietly because my voice just wouldn't let it happen and felt Harry pull me gently towards him, put my head on his lap and start massaging my temples.

It was as if he knew full well that an uncomfortable print headache had lodged behind my forehead and hadn't wanted to go since I passed out. I was worried that my nose would start bleeding again because it had started with a similar headache the last time, but at least this time I would get direct help.

"Obviously I'm doing better off than you, Louis. You look like shit, mate. "

Niall answered my question and his grin had given way to absolute concern.

"Thanks for that, Ni."

"You're welcome... I should order you greetings from Gigi and Zayn. I told them both about it, that's okay, isn't it?"

Of course, it was, the two of them had a certain right to be informed, after all, I counted them among my best friends. "Sure, greet them back, please."

I groaned in agony when Harry massaged a particularly sensitive area a little too long.

"So, you're in no pain, are you? Louis, I hate it so much when you lie to me." Harry commented a little angrily.

"Please fight later, when I'm no longer here, I don't want to witness a serious relationship crisis. But do you know what I want? No? -Cake. Surely there is a cafeteria here, right?"

I loved Niall for intervening. Even if Harry was actually right. I shouldn't lie to my boyfriend. I just didn't want to have any more medication in me.

"It's just a headache, bubs. Nothing bad." I appeased the curly haired and then turned to my best friend.

"Yes, there is, but we have to walk across the clinic grounds to do this, the cafeteria is next to the nurses' dormitory."

"It's wonderful, fresh air is certainly good for you, isn't it? And then I have to tell you something. There is news." He looked questioningly at Harry, as if waiting for his approval, and wiggled his eyebrows in that silly Niall-way.

"Yeah, that's fine, but we have to be back at half past five. Mark wrote to me that he would come over." Harry shrugged and got up to bring the wheelchair.