Possession 10- Isolation

Gally sat in the gathering hall, his heel bouncing against the dirt floor. As everyone settled in, Newt gave him a glance that put most of his nerves at ease, and for good reason. Once the discussion started it was clear that Alby had already decided that she was to be a Keeper in her own right. Some confusion and groans went around the others but Alby put a fast stop to them, explaining it was the only way to uphold the one rule about her and everything else Gally had said to Newt. He was glad he wasn't the one trying to convince anyone or having to take credit for the idea.

The only thing left to settle was what she would be a keeper of. They decided to go around to each keeper and see what they had observed about her.

"Gally, you worked with her first, what do you think?" Alby started off with him.

Gally crossed his arms and thought for a moment, forcing his mind to other things than when her eyes softened as she looked at him. "She's good at following direction," he started out and earned a nod from every other keeper who had worked with her as well. "If you don't give her something to do she will just find something to do. When there was nothing left she could do on the building project she went around giving everyone water and wet rags to keep cool. So, she's not lazy and she has a fair bit of common sense. Plus, being smaller she can help with things no one else can get to."

"I bet you wish you could be her keeper then," Zart spoke up out of turn, earning a furrowed glare from Gally that made him backpedal quickly. "Just because of how helpful she seems to be to the building team."

Gally would never even hint that he wouldn't have minded being her keeper, that he was the only one he trusted to take care of her right. But those feelings were just another confirmation that she should be her own keeper.

"She did well in the medhut, but she admitted that she might not be able to handle some of the worse things that come through there," Clint spoke up next. "But she is good at organizing, she transformed the storage and it's totally easier to find things now. If possible I'd like to have her rewrite the notes we took on treating injuries because her hand writing is so much better than mine or Jeff's, just throwing that out there."

"She was good at the smaller tasks in the garden," Zart said. "But she's not so good at the more difficult physical tasks."

"I think that'll be a common thread, nothing heavily physical I should think," Newt tacked on out of turn.

"I don't have anything bad to say about her," Fry started up. "But she just wasn't fast enough in the kitchen. But to be fair, no one ever is on their first day. It takes a while to learn muscle memory and I just don't have that kind of time when all of you are counting on me to get you fed day in and day out."

Gally lightly gripped his chin in thought. There was something similar in everything they were saying, there was some common thread.

"You have an idea Gally?" Newt asked, breaking him from his trance.

"Well, it sounds like, in one way or another, everyone would agree her attention to detail is very good," Gally mused aloud, not focusing on anyone just yet as he continued to think. "It's like we all could use her help in certain situations but not necessarily all the time. So... maybe she could be the keeper of odd jobs? She could organize whatever needs organized, she can write down what needs written, she can assist whenever we need someone small, or whenever something intricate or tedious needs done and we can't spare someone able bodied for it. She could help us all while not belonging to anyone."

"The Keeper of Odd Jobs?" Shawn repeated incredulously. The Keeper of the baggers was never one to go with the flow. "Why don't we just make her the Keeper of the Laundry?"