21. Choose💥

I stare at my parents and brother standing in front of me.

"Looks like you've got your boyfriend and girlfriend back, Nora. They first drop you without a problem, you cry about it for three weeks and are an emotional wreck, then they snap their fingers and let you fall back into the trap. Are you really that stupid, Nora?" my mother snaps. My eyebrows shoot into the air and I look at her defiantly.

"Maybe. But they're not going to let me down and they never have. It came because of you. If you hadn't been so hostile, nothing would have happened." I snap back angrily. Well, don't insult Stan and Nell.

I feel Stan tense and grab his hand. Then I flatter myself against his chest, still looking at my family, and he sighs. His muscles relax and he squeezes my hand briefly.

"Nora, come here at once! You have no right to treat him like that! I forbid you to see one more of the Graeys!" my father bellows for the cause. My mouth falls open.

"That's not for you to decide." I say with a calm that I don't feel. His eyes widen and he takes a menacing step closer. Oooh, now I'm scared.

"Listen, young lady. It's them or us. You will have to choose. Either you choose those gang of manipulators, or you choose your family. You won't see one of them again." he shouts. I feel Stan's hand slip away and a gentle nudge on my back. Will he just let me go?

I look behind me and see that he has tears in the corner of his eye. He turns his head and doesn't look at me. I look at my parents furiously. They are apparently waiting for me, with their backs turned to the Graeys. "I'm not going with you." I say loud and clear, my voice choked with anger. My father seems taken aback for a moment, but then gives me a furious look.

"Fine. But don't come knocking on our door if they break your heart again. You have until tomorrow afternoon to get all your things and then you disappear." I nod and walk back to Stan, head held high. He welcomes me with open arms and wraps them around me as soon as I'm with him.

"You are such a beautiful girl. I love you forever. But I really think you should go with them, Queen. It's your family." he sighs. I hear he doesn't really want to let me go, but wants to do the best for me. I put a hand on his chest and he looks at me. Tears roll down his cheeks, but he tries to stay strong. For me. He would probably collapse at home if I went with my parents.

"Family doesn't put you before such a choice, honey. You are my family now."He looks at me and shakes his head. He gently pushes me towards my brother.

"You need them, Nora. You don't need me. You'll never forgive yourself if you let them go now. I'm just a boy, they're family. Go with them and forget me.' He has to struggle to get it out of his mouth through his tears and sobs, but I understand him. How dare he say he's just a boy?

I nod and turn to my parents. I hop over to them and stop in front of them. Slowly I turn to look at Stan, who is now crying so violently that he has to be held by his father or else he would collapse on the spot.

"Look. Look at him. Does that look like a manipulator? No, huh? That's what I thought. He cries because he wants the best for me. Because he thinks I'd be happier with you. Even if it's without him. But I'm going to tell you something. I'm not that. I can't be happy without Stan or Nellie. So I choose them. And if you find that unacceptable, bad luck for you." I say calmly, after which I turn on my heels and hop back to the Graeys.

I put my arms around Stan and he immediately calms down. "You... You... for me...?" he sobs. I rub his hair soothingly and he calms down. I know he heard everything I just said. "For you, yes. And for Nell. I love you." I whisper.