chapter 6...felt super indian

It had been a week since devi's incount with a coyote,but paxtons word from the hospital were still echoing in her mind. He had friendzoned her. She thought a wild animal was her dad. She knew the truth she was a werid loser and a member from the UN and today certainly not gonna change that.

{"Dum mar Dum"playiny}

Evi pov

Kid: are you princess Jasmine?

Devi: no but thank you she is very beautiful.

Kid: Ariells prettier. Where's Aladdin?

Evi: She doesn't have one. Be-

Devi: Because he just wants to be friends.

Kid: okay...

evi: hi. Can i have two black coffes and two large hot chocolate?

Devi: but can you writte latte on the cup? I want people to take me seriously.

Woman: Can my daughter take a photo with you two? You look so Amazing.

Evi: Sure-

Devi: No thanks.

Woman: she'd really love to put it on her Instagram.{chuckles} it's so cultural.

Evi: again i dont mind.

And i got ignored again.

Devi: i dont really feel at home right now in my choice of clothing. I mean usually i dont but especially today.

Man: She's just a little girl.

This is not gonna end well...

Devi: okay sir you dont have to say it like that. I just dont want to take a photo. Also, why do we have to to commemorate everything on Social media? Hmm why can't we just live in the moment?

Man: you were on twitter the entire time you were in the line. You tweeted a "thank You" to a target ad telling you to have a happy Labour day.

Jeez stalker alert.

Devi: {sighs}fine.  Let's just take the photo.

Woman: go.

Devi: {sigh}

{Camera clicks}

Woman:okay.

Cashier: you want any doughnuts with that?

Evi: yeah,Ira, i do,but were fasting today

Car

Evi: mom this sari is so uncomfortable. Why does it itch so much?

Mom: itchiness of saris is a rite of passage for Indian women. Deal with it.

Evi: why cant i just wear a hoodie tacked in my skirt like i normally do?

Devi: then we dont have to get half naked every time to use the bathroom

Mom: Evi,Devi, your of age now. Half sari is more appropriate.

Devi: ew, Mom. Dont say "of age"

Evi: it makes us sound like a girl in a Douche commercial.

Kamala: what is douche?

Mom: okay everyone stop talking about douche. Lord Ganesh doesnt have to see my daughters in ripped jeans and a "fries before guys" t-shirt. Last week Mrs. Lyengar asked if we were going to show up at puja, or whether we, quote" had to much going on". I could just hear the pity in her voice. Too much going on, for Ganesh Puja? That bitch.

Devi & Evi: Whoa.

Kamala: Aunty you must calm down.

Devi: why does the Hindu Association have to have Puja at out high school?

Evi: it's so low-rent. Ben Gross's bar mitzvah was at the Dolby Theatre. They have the Oscars there.

Mom: Jewish people know how to save. Us, Indians, we get little bit of money. We go straight to Home Depot to buy a cement fountain. We're just obsessed with fountains.

Kamala:  i love fountains.

Mom: anyway Devi,you know Sanchiti Bhattacharya will be at puja, right? You remember her useless white husband Ron?

Okay that's all i have i will post again at night i just feel tired it's like 8 am and i wanna write a new stroy so enjoy your day/night