twenty five | guilt and nyx

Spring had not been as cheerful as it once had been.  Thea spent most of her time locked up inside a house, typically sat beside Mary and the others, sipping tea and worrying about whoever was on a mission for the Order.

July had come and it brought intense heat, which only made Thea feel even sicker than she had already felt.  She was fully prepared for this baby to get out of her stomach, she was tired of feeling tired all the time.  She was tired of sitting around and doing nothing while her brother and best friends risked their lives facing You-Know-Who and his army.

"The end of this month can't come soon enough." Lily groaned, her head falling back into the couch.

Thea nodded in agreement.  "August 3rd.  If this baby is not out of me by the due date, I'm ripping her out myself."

"Has she been kicking a lot?  Because Harry has been kicking a lot.  I think I am internally bruised."

Thea let out a laugh.

She had always been friends with Lily, she loved her like a sister.  It wasn't until the two were both pregnant though that they became such good friends.  It was nice, having someone to go through this all with.  Peter was always on a mission, as was James and the others, so all Thea and Lily ever really had was each other.

Then Thea would think of Regulus.

She felt guilty for thinking about him, but she couldn't help it.  He had died just about a year ago... James had been so quick to move on.  Thea was happy it had been with someone as wonderful as Lily, but sometimes she wondered what life would have been like if Regulus had never mysteriously died.

Would he and James still be together?  They seemed to have really loved each other, no one made James happy as Regulus did.  He had been the light of James' life.

Thea knew all of that did not matter now.  There was no way she could change the past, only focus on the present and the future, but it still bothered her from time to time.  The unknown was an interesting thing.

"Have you thought of a name yet?" Lily asked.

Thea shrugged, "Yeah, but I still can't decide.  We're thinking the middle name after my mother, but I'm stumped on the first name."

"Hmm," Lily hummed as she tapped her finger to her chin.  "Something cool for certain."

"Leia is an option."

"Like from Star Wars?"

"Duh, Lily. She's only one of the most badass women in film. I like Leia, I also like the name Sloane," Thea paused for a second to think. "Maybe I should just name her after someone in Greek mythology Like Artemis or Persephone."

Lily laughed. "I think you're insane and that you'd actually do it."

"My daughter will be unique. Hmm... Nyx, Athena, Ariadne, the possibilities are endless."

"Nyx Euphemia Pettigrew. Hmm. I like it."

Thea scoffed.

"No. Nyx Euphemia Potter-Pettigrew. Well, now that I said it out loud I'm not feeling Nyx anymore."