🏙 29: ...Who Needs Enemies?

Start from the beginning

"Come on, babe. Liam told me where they're sitting." He hears just before Zayn slips his hand into his. So he gladly walks inside with him.

Though not a very big building, the atmosphere inside is exactly what one would expect at a bar named The Martini. There's women in short dresses hanging on to the arms of desperate men, the smell of sweet fruits and syrups along with aromas of alcohol and liquor and even Cyndi Lauper playing on the speakers. Harry also sees more of the same pink lights, though mixed with blues, purples and reds this time. He's not sure he has ever seen a place so lit up before when it wasn't christmastime.

"They're over there." Zayn says. "Come on."

As they pass people sitting on bar stools, some of them stare at Harry weirdly. At first he doesn't understand why. But the more he looks at the attire people are wearing- jeans, leather jackets, sneakers, high heels, cocktail dresses, heavy makeup and wigs- and then compares it to his own- burgundy overalls, plaid T-shirt, dirty cowboy boots and long messy curls- then it makes sense. He's quite out of place here. Maybe he'll need Zayn more than he thought.

They reach a round booth table and see three people.

Zayn knew the moment Gemma suggested they drink with friends that he would invite Liam and Louis. Besides that one moment where Liam seemed to almost be confessing something to Zayn, that day when Louis came over and made him Frappés went so well. It was the first time he started to really get the feeling that hanging with both of them at the same time would no longer be so awkward as it had been before.

The third person he invited was Doniya. Since she'd texted him about hanging out earlier in the day, Zayn had found it was the best decision to invite her along tonight. Harry would rarely be in the city to do things like this anyway, and if she didn't get to see him tonight, he knew she'd just keep texting him about it until it happened. Better to do it now while they're supposed to be temporarily forgetting about what they talked about rather than waiting and having her bother them when they finally start to think about it again.

"Liam, Louis."

"Hey, Zayn."

"What's up Zayn."

"I'd like for you all to meet Harry Styles. My boyfriend."

"Ah." Liam says as he sits up from where he'd had his arm around Louis. "The elusive one. So glad to finally meet you. I'm Liam Payne."

"Howdy, Liam Payne."

"And this is my boyfriend, the one and only Louis."

"Hey." Louis says to Liam. "Why did you introduce your full name and not mine?"

Liam playfully rolls his eyes. "Fine. This is Louis Tomlinson, my boo."

"Howdy, Louis Tomlinson."

"Hi, Harry. I like your overalls."

He looks down with a smile. He likes that Louis complimented his clothes after feeling self conscious about it earlier. "Thanks. It's from the thrift store in town."

"It's good to see you again, Harry." Doniya says.

"Doniya, right?"

"Yep. That's right."

"Well I think it's real nice that you wanted to spend time with me again. Not many folks ask about doing that with me."

"It's a Malik thing probably." Zayn says. "Because you know how much I like spending time with you over and over again too."

"Aww." Doniya teases and she stands up. "That's all I need to hear to let me know I should let you two squeeze in the booth."

"Why?"