ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ

Começar do início

"That's not fair," Grace says immediately with trembling lips. "That is simply not fair."

"Our world is created through laws that are not meant to be fair, sweet one," I say but then smile brightly. "But there are other things that make it worth it, like you and your little sister. Perhaps the two of you and many others can change this. Your generation and the future generations to come can make a difference if you tried to work together to make something good."

"Then I will do that," Grace says with determination. "So that other Demons, or anyone from any other race, will never have to be left alone and be judged. I will make sure that no one else will have to go through what you have had to go through. You have my word, (Y/n)."

"Careful now," I warn her. "Words like that can easily turn into a magical oath, and you can only be freed from it once you have accomplished what you said you had set out to do."

"Then I will make some changes to my little sister's oath," Grace says as if it is a simple thing to do. "One day, one of our descendants will free you from your duty to protect our lineage once our worlds are in peace and you can live a full, happy life."

My insides clench painfully when I feel powerful magic surround the two of us. "How were you able to do that?" I breathe. "How were you able to change the oath like that?"

"What do you mean?" Grace pouts in confusion. "I just...spoke the words. Nothing special about that."

"You did more than that," I insist as I look closer at her face. "And a normal Human cannot do what you just did. You were able to change the oath and seal it with magic. Gaia was only simply speaking, and I was still going to keep that oath anyway, but you have now sealed our fate."

Grace's eyes widen in shock but not panic. "Really? Are you upset with me?"

"No," I sigh. "But you are only thinking about now, about yourself at the moment. What will your descendants think? Some of them may curse you for doing this."

Out of nowhere, the thirteen-year-old bursts out in laughter. "You have protected us Humans despite the fact that the Demon King may kill you for it. Many would have turned a blind eye and not cared, but you did not. You may not like to believe it, but we owe you our lives, (Y/n)."

Just as I am about to say something to that, another voice says, "She is right, (Y/n). You have made life so much better for us, and we only wish to return the favour."

Grace and I turn our heads to the side to see Elizabeth and Gaia. The Goddess is carrying the younger Human in her arms just like I am and Gaia has her arms wrapped around Elizabeth's shoulders just like Grace is doing with me.

"But hear us now, Grace and Gaia," Elizabeth announces. "(Y/n) and I will always be here for you. Never forget that."

"Then could you get us some fruits?" Gaia asks cheekily. "I'm really hungry."

"You naughty little thing," I growl while Elizabeth and Grace start to laugh. "Let's get going then."

As we dart through the soft clouds and head for the green lands below us, I cannot help but feel so much lighter than I have been for the last few days. These three wonderful girls have made me so happy and have helped me to forget about all my troubles back at home. And I am so grateful for them.

"What would you like to have?" Elizabeth asks as we land and place the children on the ground. 

"Everything!" Gaia answers excitedly as she raises her hands in the air.