34. An Heir For The Throne

(Y/N)

I woke up and I felt my body being on something soft. I don't remember that from last night... I think I fell asleep on the streets. I opened my eyes in a panic but calmed down when I saw I was in my room. How did I get here? My question was answered when I saw the man sitting next to me.

"Levi! " I jumped on him and he flinched. I squeezed him. "Where were you?" I pulled back and hit his chest. "Do you know for how long I was looking for you?"

"No." he answered.

"You... " I took a deep breath to calm down, I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier. "Where were you? "

"Nowhere specific, I was wondering. Why were you sleeping on the street? "

"Because I was looking for you! " I raised my voice and he didn't react. He seemed dead. I took another deep breath to calm down. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. You are here now."

"..."

"So... How are you doing? "

"I'm doing fine."

"What about the things I told you? What's on your mind?"

"That doesn't concern you." I looked down. "But... You were the one who told me everything." he came closer to me and lifted my head. "I don't want to fight with you, I really don't. But I don't want to talk about it." I nodded.

"That's okay. I just got worried, don't disappear like that again."

"I won't." he kissed my forehead. "I want to properly thank you, for telling me."

"... Don't thank me. "

"Why? "

"Because I regret telling you." he closed his eyes and lowered his hand. "If I could go back I wouldn't make the same decision."

"Why not? " he looked at me.

"Because I promised your mother... "

"It can't be just that." it felt like we were both dancing around the main reason why I regret my decision and he knows it too.

"... What's on your mind?" I asked again.

"... I think you know."

"Say it."

"I'm going to kill the bastard." he stood up and I shook my head.

"No, no, no, no! " I stood up as well. "That's exactly why I didn't want to tell you! "

"And why not?" he glared at me. "Are you seriously going to defend him because he is the king after you know everything he did? "

"You think I'm defending him because I care about him? Levi, he is the one that ordered Yelena to torture me! I want him dead too. "

"Than what's the problem? "

"The problem is Marley! " he threw his head back. "Do you know what will happen if the king dies? There's not an heir for the throne, the princess is gone and the rest of his children all died! Without a ruler the country will be open to any attack from the outside, especially Marley!"

"Why should I care about what happens to the country? I don't care!"

"Don't act like it won't effect you because you are a pirate. If Marley takes over you are screwed, no pirate has sailed in Marley's waters in over five years! The same will happen if they take over Paradise. You can't kill him."

"Tch... So the problem is an heir, is that it? "

"Yes. And I'm afraid what you are thinking won't work."