23. Story Time

(Y/N)

I stared out into the ocean, it's late at night so even though the weather is generally warm it's a little cold now. I have one of Levi's coats wrapped around me and I'm staring into the black abyss. It's been a few days since I came back, my legs don't hurt as much anymore but the pain on the rest of my body is the same. Sasha and Armin are doing better though, which is good, but Levi doesn't let them do any work.

Speak of the devil, Levi came and sat next to me on the stairs.

"I really need to turn these stairs into a couch for your ass huh? " I chuckled.

"I wouldn't stop you. " he rolled his eyes.

"Why are you out, dove. Shouldn't you be resting? "

"I wanted to get some fresh air, I've been in that room for the past three days." he nodded his head.

"Levi." Mike came down from the crows nest. "There's a ship to our right."

"Pirates? "

"No, the Royal Navy."

"Avoid them." Mike nodded and went to the other set of stairs to go up and probably give orders to Gunther who was holding the wheel.

"That decision came fast." I pointed out."You didn't even take time to think of a plan."

"I have three injured people on my ship, it's late at night and that ship is probably full of guards and royal assassins looking for you and I, I'm not putting my ship at risk."

"As you wish." I shrugged, I'm not going to complain about not fighting.

"... What did they do to you? "

"Doesn't really matter... It's over now." I looked at the wooden floor.

"Tch, such a pig. I don't even know why he is so obsessed with me. One day someone will put an end to him."

"Where are we going? " I changed the topic.

"Nowhere in particular. Just wondering around for now, we'll have to stop by Shingashina in a month or so for supplies." I nodded and stood up.

I walked to the door leading to my room and laid on the bed after taking off my coat. Levi followed behind me and laid next to me after closing the door. Only the candles at the bedside tables were lit. I felt tired, I wanted to sleep but at the same time I don't really feel sleepy. I've done nothing but sleep for the past three days.

"Tell me a story." I finally said.

"A story? " he placed his hand behind his head and faced the ceiling. "What story? "

"I don't know. One of your adventures maybe."

"Tch, I don't have any interesting stories, at least not ones you'd like hearing about."

"Have you ever seen a mermaid? " he chuckled.

"No, but there was this one time I heard the faint sound of a sirens voice, I immediately turned the ship the other way."

"That's not very exciting."

"I know."

"Why don't you tell me about how you became captain? " I turned my body to face him.

"Tch, why would you want to know that? "

"The story of how someone became a pirate captain is always interesting. Since it's rare for someone to willingly give up the position in the first place." he took a deep breath. "And you have told that you started a mutiny."