2. Night

(Y/N)

4 Years Ago.

I heard the loud bang of the canon ball and felt the ground shake a little upon impact. This has been going on for four hours now, the sun will rise in two so I'm sure their going to leave soon.

"Please don't kill m-" I heard the voice from beyond the wall of the building. She wasn't fast enough to finish her sentence.

Pirates, they come here at least four times a year but I'm sure they pillage other places too. I've heard the stories of the Scouts, the most fearful pirate crew in the world. With the most dangerous captain. The stories I've heard of him are terrifying and yet even though I see his ship every year I've never actually seen him.

"Captains orders! Get back on the ship!" I heard a man yell and I looked outside the window.

I saw everyone rushing back, eventually the only thing I could see was the ship getting further and further away. I looked up and saw a girl standing by the door looking outside. I went next to her and looked outside. My eyes widen at the sight.

People were bleeding out on the street, running back to their homes and crying with people in their arms. That's how it always is. Pirates are nothing more than heartless killers that don't care about anyone else other than themselves.

"Hey!" a man yelled and I looked up, his eyes were set on the young girl next to me. He is part of the royal guard. "What are you looking at?" he growled and walked up to us. "Would you like to join them?" he snapped and grabbed her hair and threw her on the ground. "I bet you're thinking that we're useless right? That we can't even do our job?! " he yelled.

"I don't-"

"Shut up! " his sword pierced her chest.

It doesn't matter who it is... This world is rotten to the core. Pirate, knight, normal people... It's all the same. His eyes locked with mine and he walked up to me. I know what I have to do. I put on a smile and leaned on the door frame.

"Can I help you?"

"You..." he pointed his sword at me. "You will tell everyone, as you can guess," he pressed his body against mine and his blade was on my neck. "I can't let you live."

"I know," I smiled and pulled out a small dagger I always have on me for these moments. They are very common. "But I don't want to die." my small blade entered his stomach.

I threw him on the ground and looked around. Everyone was busy crying or dying so I just went back inside and closed the door. If only those pirates never came here...

-

Today.

We were brought on board and my eyes widen as fear settled in my gut. It's different to know what's going on and different to see it. The place was full of pirates doing their job yet the moment they saw us we became nothing but pray to them. That's not what scared me, I'm not afraid of men. I know what they all want and I know how to give it to them, they are so easy to handle once you learn their weaknes and it's always the same.

No.

What scared me was the endless ocean. Actually seeing it, the lack of land made me realize that truly I am trapped here, with them. The pirates that brought us up left us to just stand there, the sun was ready to set and the captain came up to us. He absorbed us for a while and I was able to take a good look at him under better lighting. He had black hair in an undercut, blue eyes and of course he was as short as yesterday. Dressed in all black only I could see small hints of blue and red on his coat and hat.