"We're cat people." Harry answered, resting his hand on my hip and I nodded, "Yep."

"Between you and me," Charlie mumbled, glancing around the hallways to see if anyone could hear us, "Cat people are the best."

I let out a laugh and Harry snickered. Charlie shot us both a smile, "You two are a very cute couple."

"Awe, thank you." I beamed, looking back to see Harry who had a small smile on his lips.

"So, in here are all the cat cages and kennels. Some cats are walking around freely, others are separated. We have one cat who's about to give birth in about a month, so if you specifically want a kitten, you can get one of those but it'll be a couple of weeks." Charlie informed us, taking a pair of keys and opening a door.

"Lady Genevieve always tries to escape whenever I open this door." He mumbled more to himself as he slowly opened it on a crack, and my heart nearly burst out of my chest when I saw a small white paw coming through it, Lady Genevieve clearly trying to open the door wider.

Charlie quickly scooped her up as he opened the door wider, letting Harry and I in. My eyes widened when I saw the amount of cats, and I felt like jumping up and down as I entered my personal heaven, "I wish I could live here."

"Yeah, say that to the guy who just bought you a house." Harry grumbled and I rolled my eyes, "Dickhead."

"I'll give you two some time here. There's a bell next to the door if you need anything, and I'll come check in like fifteen minutes." Charlie smiled, exiting the room again once Harry and I had nodded.

"Fuck, this is so overwhelming, how are we ever going to pick one?" Harry seemed almost panicked as he stared at the cats who had gathered around his legs, staring at him in expectation.

I had sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall as I waited for them to come to me, but they all seemed to prefer Harry. I frowned at him in envy as I felt utterly rejected by the cats.

He had a smug look on his face as he shrugged at me, "Pussy magnet."

"Oh God." I rolled my eyes, but I smiled when one curious cat seemed to approach me, slowly crawling up on my lap before nestling there, comfortably.

"Hey buddy." I cooed, scratching it behind its ear. It was a striped cat who seemed a little older, and very lazy. It's what I loved about cats. They were always so unbothered and had such big personalities. They didn't take shit from anyone, and they could be incredibly sweet but also pure savages.

"Harry!" I yelled in a whisper, trying to get his attention as he held two cats up in his massive hands. It was kind of a turn on to see the little balls of fur just resting in his palms.

He flicked his eyes to me, his lips tugging up in a smile as he saw the tiger cat on my lap, "Found one you like?"

"He likes me, I think." I smiled and Harry put the two cats down, also sitting down next to me to pet the cat on my lap, but it turned its head and hissed at Harry who quickly retrieved his touch.

"Fucking hell." He frowned and I giggled, the cat having no issue with me petting him. Harry sat down next to me, mimicking my position. I smiled at the cat on my lap, "I like him."

"The hisser?! No way." Harry sternly answered and I glared at him, "Just... Try again. Give him some time. Might take him a little while to open up." I tried and Harry sighed, eyes trained on the cat in my lap as he slowly tried to pet it again.

It looked at him curiously, twitching its ears around as he sniffed Harry's fingers for a bit, before darting its tongue out to lick the tip of his pointer finger.