"I know. Feels like you can't do enough, does it?"

She nodded, "Exactly. And then I just go home and worry sick for them. And then a new one comes in and it starts all over again, it's driving me crazy sometimes. Wished I could just turn it off."

"Caring so much?" I frowned and Violet sighed, "Something like that."

I was still holding her waist and moved my head from her shoulder so I could spin her around and look at her face properly, "Don't say that."

"It sure as hell would make days like today much easier." Violet chuckled dryly and I cupped her cheeks, tracing her cheekbones with my thumbs, "Still... You wouldn't be you without that massive heart of yours. It's what I love about you."

She smiled and brought her head up to peck my lips, "You're the best."

"I know." I joked, trying to lighten the situation, and Violet burst into a laugh, her eyes sparkling. I would never get sick of seeing her look at me like that. She looked at me like I was a dream, such a fulfilled, content and loving look in her eyes that it nearly crushed me, but in the best way.

She was my number one comfort person, and whenever she looked at me like that, I felt like I could punch an elephant and take on anything. She made me feel like the strongest person in the world, and I hoped I did the same for her.

She curled her arms beneath my armpits and rested them on my shoulders, pulling me closer for a hug. I was shirtless, on my way of getting dressed into my suit when I had heard her stumbling.

We stood entwined in the bathroom of our new home for a few moments. It was a spacious room with dark tiles, wooden cabinets and a double sink system. There was a bath, which Violet had been quite excited about, and a rather big shower, which I had been rather excited about.

The shower gave us enough room to fulfil every dirty fantasy I'd ever had about shower sex, and Violet had blushed and rolled her eyes when I had whispered some of them in her ear. It would never get old for me to see her grow shy over my filthy words.

I smiled when she pressed a kiss to my chest and then another, "You smell amazing."

I chuckled, squeezing her shoulders, "Thank you."

"Okay, I'm good. Sappy moment is over. I just have to finish my make-up and then I'm good to go." She sighed, pulling back from the hug.

I nodded, "Okay, I'm going to get dressed and then we can leave."

Soon enough, I was behind the wheel of my black Range Rover, making the drive to the mansion. It was a bit further than it had been from my apartment, but we could still make it in less than half an hour. Living more in a suburban area now, we were still in the city but a bit further away from the centre.

But Violet was close to Abby, and I was close to Violet and that was all that mattered. It was also less traffic to get to our friend's houses, which was a bonus.

Violet nervously shifted in her seat when I pulled up in front of the gate, rolling down my window to type in the code. Neither of us had been here for a long time, and this house brought back many memories for both of us.

The girl in the seat next to me seemed about ready to faint when I parked the car, and I saw the busy driveway, signalling me that we were rather late.

"Hey." I turned off the engine and took hold of Violet's hand, "I know there's a lot of bad memories here, but also a lot of good ones, no? Think about that first meeting you joined, when we kissed in the bathroom. And when you cut Louis' hair, and when we practiced the dance, or when we were in the music room and I was trying to teach you how to whistle." An involuntary smile tugged on my lips when I remembered that moment.