08. Best Song Ever

Start from the beginning

Harry glances at the door that leads out to the rooftop terrace. The sign says 'no swimming after 10 pm'.

Above it is a clock that reads 2 am.

"Lets do that." Harry mumbles and leans in to kiss Louis, loosing himself in the love he has for his boyfriend.

Harry Styles, 2014

"Nobody would know us. Nobody would force us to deny love." Harry says quietly, looking up to the sky.

He listens to Louis breathing as he lays with his head on Louis' chest, letting him play with his curls.

They lay in a field somewhere in the Irish highlands where nobody is around. It's just them and all these stars that can't even be counted.

"Up there." Harry adds and Louis scoots down in the grass to be face to face with Harry, lifting his head carefully from his chest. "It would be a beautiful place to live." Harry mumbles, still looking up. "I mean look at it."

"I'd much rather look at you." Louis replies easily and Harry adverts his gaze, looking at Louis' pretty face.

"You're my sky."

Harry Styles 2015

"I love you." Harry says, although he doesn't have to. He likes to remind Louis in case he forgot.

They sway through the living room in their secret flat, the needle of the record player seeming to be flying over the black vinyl. They dance slowly, a dark blue blanket wrapped around them because it's a bit cold outside, being winter in England.

The tea on the shelf long forgotten as they dance and laugh and share sweet kisses and talk quietly, because it's words only for them. Even though the flat is empty except for them, they want each other to be the only ones to hear the sentences. 

"I love you too." Louis says and stands on his tiptoes to kiss Harry and run his hands through Harry's almost-shoulder-long hair.

"My sky." Louis mumbles against Harry's lips.

And they slowly lower down onto the expensive wooden floor, Louis laying on top of Harry, blanket still messily wrapped around them, kissing him slowly, just because they can.

Because they're young and hidden and so fucking in love.

Harry Styles, 2017

Harry swallows hard.

That was a long time ago. Before everything fell apart.

Louis had been Harry's because for every question why.

Louis had protected him when they were in public and healed him when they were alone.

Louis had loved him back then.

Harry stands in front of the door to his rooms and doesn't even remember walking all the way here. Running his hand through his hair, he opens the door and walks in.

"Harry." Taylor greets him, stopping the progress of unpacking her suitcases.

"I hope it's okay for you that I-" she stops abruptly as she sees the nostalgic, sad look on Harry's face, walking the two steps that separate them and placing her hands warmly on his shoulders.

"Louis?" She asks softly.

Harry just manages to nod and hopes that Taylor doesn't ask more questions on what had happened, because, honestly, Harry doesn't have a clue.