CHAPTER 15: Comfort

Start from the beginning

Should I go check on him?

No. Are you crazy? He will kill you.

Maybe I should just try sleeping.

Another few minutes passed away and I sat up straight throwing off the duvet from my body.

That's it. I'm going upto him.

And get myself killed. My conscience added and I told her to fuck off.

I opened my door, the house was tranquil with everyone going off to sleep. I quietly walked my way out of the room and up the stairs. My heart beating loudly in my chest.

I pressed my thumb against the scanner and the door opened with a beep and I walked in, closing the door softly behind me.

I tip toed to his room and just outside the door, I heard a loud thud and then heard of something shattering.

What the fuck?

I didn't even comprehend my actions and pushed opened the door and went inside.

There he was, standing in a pair of sweatpants and without a shirt. His back towards me. The small mirror on the right wall, shattered, only a few pieces of it remained intact and the cabinet of drawers under it, down on the floor.

A small gasp left my mouth and he immediately turned towards me. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair messy. His eyes widened on seeing me there as he breathed heavily.

"Alfresca." He growled lowly. "Leave."

I am not leaving so easily.

I took a hesitant step towards him. "S-sir... please calm down..."

He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. "I said leave!"

I took another step towards him and noticed blood trickling down his palm which was now closed into a fist.

"Sir...you are hurting yourself..." I said softly and he opened his eyes and glared at me as I walked closer.

His whole body was literally trembling. "Alfresca... don't...just...just...leave..."

I took another step towards him until I was quite close to him. Seeing him like this made me emotional and tears formed in the corner of my eyes.

I gently placed my palm over his bare bicep and his whole body tensed. "Sir...cal-m down. Please. Y-ou are...hu-rting yourself..."

He bit his lips as his cold eyes bore into mine. He shut his eyes again tightly as my fingers involuntarily rubbed small circles over his biceps.

When he opened his eyes this time, the coldness in them was gone and was replaced by a broken pair of brown eyes.

My other hand lifted his palm which was formed into a fist and I gently and carefully opened his fingers to see a deep wound on his palm which was bleeding.

I don't from where I had this much of courage as I grabbed his wrist gently and tugged him towards his bed.

I knew he wouldn't bulge but he surprised by following my lead and I made him sit on the edge of the bed.

He didn't say anything, for which I was thankful and I made my way to his huge bathroom where I found a first aid kit in one of the drawers.

When I came back, he was still sitting where he was now and was staring down at the floor, lost in his thoughts.

I crouched down in front of him, pulling him out of his thoughts as his eyes snapped to me. I ignored his intense gaze and took out an anti septic from the box and applying it on a cotton, pressed it to his wound.