Chapter 1: Welcome to ANHS

HELLO STRANGER ON THE INTERNET.

I am currently re-writing the 'Volume 1' of this story, so if some things don't add up in future chapters, this is part of the reason why.

Also, just before you get confused, I'm adding in OCs that will be marked with a *

Extra details in bold at the end of the chapter.

Have fun reading!

.

"Ayanokōji-kun?"

"What?"

"Wake up. Class is starting."

"...but I don't want to."

I open my eyes at a jolt of pain to my side and turn my head to look out of the window.

"What was that for?" I ask annoyed, staring at my seat mate's reflection in the window. She stared at the back of my head and started muttering some things under her breath.

"Sensei will have to wake you up instead of me, and that's less preferable."

"I guess... it's better that you wake up. After all, you won't do things Sensei would. Right?"

"Yeah. Wha- Ehh?!" My classmate looked flustered and I continue to gaze upon her through the window's reflection.

"What's going on here?" I looked up the window and see the reflection of another one of my classmates walking up to my seat mate.

"Please help me get Ayanokōji-kun to get up, will you?"

"But he's awake, is he not?"

"I know, but up, properly."

"Ayanokōji. Wake up."

"But you just said I was awake," I retorted. "It's comfortable here."

"Ayanokōji-kun, there's no way you find these classroom chairs comfortable."

"..."

"Maybe you should abandon your peaceful ideals."

"But that's—!"

I watched the butterfly that fluttered outside of the window, it perching on the outside of the window and for a few seconds, I felt like it was looking at me.

"Well... ah, it's too late."

It was at this moment I arose from my act and sat up straight, like nothing was wrong.

"Alright, alright, sit down, class is going to begin now!"

"Yes sensei!"

"Alrighty—!"

You're probably wondering how I got here. But to tell that story, I have to tell this story...

1

April 1, 2015.

The start of my high school life.

The start of my freedom.

My true freedom.

I made way to my class pondering the events that had happened before the boring welcoming ceremony. A blond boy was refusing to give up his seat to an old lady, an argument happened and eventually someone gave up their seat.

Then, I was confronted by a black-haired girl about why I was looking at her on the bus. It was only a small glance but I guess to some people it's the world to them.

I made my way to what would be my class for the year- and possibly the next three- and looked up.

'Class 1-B' was written above the doorway and I look around, seeing only a few people loitering in the hallway in front of their classes. It would soon be crowded so I opened the door and entered.