Chapter 2

(Cas's POV)

I had two more classes before lunch. None of which were with Dean. Dean and I went through the lunch line together and sat together too. He introduced me to his other friends- Jo, Charlie, Ash, and Anna. Jo had beautiful long blonde hair and seemed to be very kind. Charlie had long red hair and was very... Interesting. She was a fangirl. Ash had a mullet that was absolutely ridiculous but also cool at the same time. And Anna had red hair like Charlie's, and was also a fangirl, but she didn't seem so.. crazy.

After Dean's friends were finished eating, they left me and Dean alone.
"Wanna go out to the court yard? It's a nice day out, maybe a little sunny but we can find some shade." Dean asks hoping Cas would say yes.
"Why not?" Cas said with a smile.

(Switching to Dean's POV sorry)

God, Cas was amazing. Him and his dorky but adorable smile. We head out the court yard and find a tree to sit under.
"So, Cas. Did you just move here? Or did you just go to a different school?"
"I just moved here from West Virginia. Me and my little brother, Gabriel. My, um, family- well let's save that story for another time. I-I don't really want to talk about it." He says. He looks down at his lap and I can tell he is very uncomfortable.
"I-I'm sorry Cas. I didn't know. At least promise me you will one day?"
"Yes, Dean. I will. So tell me about your family."
"Well I have a little brother, Sammy. And a dad. But my dad isn't around much, usually off getting drunk somewhere then doesn't come home for days. So it's normally just me and Sammy. My mother- she passed away in a house fire when I four"
"Oh, Dean. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry"
"Thank you, Castiel."
"So, um what subject do you have next?" Cas asked, changing the subject.
"English/Language Arts, you?" I reply
"Same."
"You wanna walk to class together?"
"Sure, because I have no idea where it is" he says with a nervous chuckle.

Cas and I walk to Language together and take a seat next to eachother. I hate this class so much. There's so much useless things in it. I basically just sit and stare at the wall. I glance over and notice Cas is staring at me. Once he sees me looking back at him, he blushes and looks away.

After language, I have study center. Cas is in my center, which is good.
"Hey, Cas, wanna hang out after school? Maybe go get milkshakes or something?"
"Um yeah that would be fun. I'll text Gabriel and let him know."
"Dean, can you help me with this language homework?" Cas says.
"Uhh well I'm kinda failing that class, but I mean I can try"
"Well, maybe I'll just ask someone else." Cas says awkwardly.
"Haha okay, Cas. What class do you have next?"
"History"
"Oh, I have math. I'll walk you to the classroom though."
"Thank you, that would be great."
The bell rings indicating that 5th period is over and I take Cas to his history class.
"Bye Dean!" He yells over his shoulder as he walks in the classroom.
"Bye Cas!" I get a few odd looks from people, because apparently people like me shouldn't be talking to people like Cas. But I guess that's just how the world is.

I head to math and basically sleep through the whole class. When the bell rings, I head to my 7th period class, Ed Media. When I get there, Cas isn't there, so I assume he isn't in this class. But then he walks in, basically out of breath.
"Who are you?" Mr. Fedland asks.
"I-I'm Castiel Novak. Your new student."
"Oh, yes. Class please welcome Castiel. I expect you to treat him nicely. Castiel, please take your seat."
Cas sits right next to me, giving me a slight smile as he sits down. Mr. Fedland begins teaches us something about computers. I don't pay much attention because I am so excited to go on that milkshake "date" with Cas. I haven't really decided if I like him or not. I mean, I've never liked guys before. But, he's like gorgeous. And those eyes, oh my god they're beautiful.
"Dean, could you demonstrate how to-Dean! Are you even listening to a word I'm saying?"
"Uh, yes?" I say questioningly.
"I would like to see you after class." He says sternly.
"Ok" I say, obviously annoyed.
I pass a quick note to Cas.

Meeting with Mr. Fedland shouldn't take long, wait for me outside? :)
-D

Sure, Dean :)
-Cas

(Cas's POV, sorry for POV changes in the middle of the chapter)

After Ed Media, I head to my locker to gather my things, and head out to wait for Dean. He comes out within 5 minutes or so.
"Hey, did you get in much trouble?" I ask.
"Nah, he just said if it happens again I'm going to get a detention, but whatever." He says with a cheesy smile.
"So, um, do you have a car?"
"Hell yeah. She's my baby . Let's go shall we?" He says the last part in a ridiculous british accent, which makes me laugh. We head over to Dean's 'baby'.
"What kind of car is this?" I ask, even though it is embarrassing.
"1967 Chevy Impala. Used to be my dads, but I kinda took it over." He walks over to the passenger side and opens my door for me.
"My, what a gentlemen." I say sarcastically.
Dean walks around to the drivers side and hops in.

"Led Zeppelin or AC/DC?" He asks.
"Umm AC/DC" I attempt to say confidently so it seems like I know what he's talking about, but he can definitely tell I don't. He doesn't say anything about it, he just chuckles. He puts in an AC/DC cassette tape and starts singing along. God, he's adorable when he sings.

When we get our destination, The Roadhouse, Dean hurries around to the passenger side to open my door. I get out and we walk in. Surprisingly, I see Jo there. She turns around and sees me and Dean
"Hey guys!" She says with a welcoming smile. "Take a seat and I'll get your order in a sec."
"Okay" Dean and I say in unison.

We decide to sit in a booth. Jo comes over shortly after we are seated
"What can I get you two lovebirds?"
"Jo, We aren't dating. And this isn't a date." What did he mean it wasn't a date? I thought he liked me. I thought this was a date. Is Dean even gay? What if he's not and he just wants to be friends? I guess that's better then not being anything to him.

"I'll have triple chocolate shake, with peanut butter, and don't for-" Dean starts.
"Don't forget the whipped cream and cherry." Jo finishes like he's ordered it a thousand times.
"And for you?" She turns and looks at me.
"I'll just have a chocolate shake please." I say.
"Okay! I'll have them out in a few minutes."

"Hey Ellen!" Dean calls.
An blonde woman walks over to our booth.
"Hey Dean. Who's your friend?"
"Oh this is Cas. Cas, this is Ellen."
"Hello, Ellen. It's nice to meet you."
"Aww I like him. He's polite, unlike you." She says in a sarcastic voice.
"Well that's nice to know , Ellen."
"Ah, well I'll leave you two alone now" She says along with a wink. There is a long pause of awkwardness after she left.

"Ellen seems nice." I say, breaking the silence.
"Yes, she is very nice."
"Here are you shakes, boys" Jo says.
She sets each shake in front of us.

"So, Cas. Can you tell about your family now? Or is it too soon?" He says, slurping his shake.
"Uh I think I can." I say shakily.
"You don't have to if you're not ready. I'm just curious."
"No,no. I can. My family disowned becasue- well I-I'm gay."
"Cas, I arleady knew that. It's kinda ovbious. I see the way you look at me. It's adorable."
"Is it?" I say confused. Most people ddon't think gays are adorable.
"Yes, it is." Dean says with an adorable smile. Maybe he is gay.
"Dean, I-uh, I have a question.'
"Yeah, what is Cas?"
"Are you, um, gay?" His face turned bright red.
" Well, um, I don't really know.. I mean, I wasn't, but then I met you. I think I am. But then again, girls are HOT!!"
"Sorta, I guess." I say awkwardly.
"Yeah. So I am gonna go with yes, I am gay."
"Yeah um I don't really know what to say now..."
"You wanna go somewhere?" Dean asks.
"Like where?"
"That, my friend, is a secret." Dean giggles like a little girl. "Come on, let's go." Dean throws a 10 dollar bill done on the table.