Chapter Eleven

The next evening, I left before my parents to catch the evening bus to take me to the dance. I was wearing a floor-length purple and black lace dress with silver heels. My makeup reminded me of the shades of the moon, thanks to Selene, purple, gray, and silver. My hair was down but it had little braids, that Loki adored, in it. They were in a good mood thanks to the fact, Loki found out that it was Penny, Lash, and some other kids from the hero class who destroyed their alter. The reason I knew that was because of the fact Penny's locker had spiders in it, Lash's arm caught on fire in mad science class today, and the others had a few more incidents.

Once I got to the school, I began to look for warren and the gang. I found Magenta and Zack on the dance floor. Zack looked like he was having a seizure while dancing causing me to laugh. I continued to walk around the gym, looking at the decorations. I found Layla and Ethan at the refreshment table. When I got there, greeted Layla and me. "Hey " I smiled at my former teacher.

"It looks like you ladies could use a drink."

"No thanks" Layla and I declined the man.

Mr. Boy looked a little worried but tried to reassure us by saying. "Oh don't worry the bubbles are only ginger ale." As he was explaining to us that it was safe, Lash's arm came around the slapped the drink into the teacher's shirt.

"The guys at this school are jerks," Layla told him, I guess trying to comfort him.

I chuckled "Hey, not all guys here are like that."

"Thanks a lot" a familiar voice spoke up behind us.

I turned around to see Warren in a suit with his hair down. Gosh, he looked amazing. "I thought you weren't gonna rent a suit." I run my hand across his chest before wrapping it around his black tie.

He chuckled and pulled me closer to him. "It's my dad's. He hasn't had much use for it in solitary."

Layla felt awkward about what she said and held up a piece of cheese in front of us. "Cheese cube." I laughed.

He shooked his head no when a slow song came on. He grabbed my hand gently "Will you dance with me?" I giggled but nodded. He took me out onto the dance floor and wrapped his arms around my waist. I laid my arms on his shoulders since he was taller than me. We swayed to the music, enjoying the feel of each other. "You look beautiful tonight." He whispered into my ear.

I blushed "And you look handsome. I guess you went and saw your dad today."

He looked sad before telling me "I don't want to focus on my dad when I have this goddess in my arms right now." I blushed at his words before caressing his cheek. He leaned into my touch with his eyes closed as though it was the anchor that kept him here. I smiled warmly at him. I hated seeing him in pain, so to know that my touch brings him comfort, means everything to me. We still swayed to the music when he opened his eyes and leaned forward. I leaned in and he captured my lips with his creating this burning passionate kiss between us. When we pulled away the song was over. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and whispered. "You are my angel, Renie."

"And you are mine, Warren. You have saved me from being forgotten." I smiled at him and pulled him off of the dance floor. I took us to the refreshment table and poured both of us a drink.

We lightly danced to the music with the cups in our hands when Principle Powers got on the mic and said. "WELCOME THE COMMANDER AND JETSTREAM" Everyone clapped including me. I may not agree with my parents but I do love them.

As Principle Powers were on the mic, Layla came to me. "Renie, Where's Will?" She asked. "I didn't see him with Gwen."

I looked at her confused. "Layla, didn't you hear? Will isn't coming tonight. He broke things off with Gwen after he found out what she said to you." She looked shocked. "He even stood up to dad about not coming tonight, that is how bad he felt about what happened between you guys."