Chapter Seven

When we got to the gym, I met up with the girls in the locker room to change. "Hey, I'm gonna sit with Warren during gym," I told them. "It's not because I'm embarrassed by you guys I promise," I added quickly as I put on my shorts.

Magenta chuckled. "Oh, we know why" She stated with a smile.

Layla looks oblivious. "What do you mean we know why?" Of course, my redhead friend was a bit slow.

"Come on, Layla. Serena has a crush on Peace" Magenta stated before looking at me as I was putting my hair into a high ponytail. " A big fat one" She chuckled causing me to blush.

"He asked me out," I whispered before looking up to see two very stunned girls. "What?"

"WARREN PEACE ASKED YOU OUT" Layla shouted shocked. I ran over and placed my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

"Yes, ok. If he's challenged today and wins we are going on a date" I whispered. "It was his idea." I put on my tennis shoes and stuffed my citizen clothes into my gym bag. "I'll see you guys later ok." I took my bag with me and walked out of the locker room. I walked up to the bleachers where Warren was sitting by himself. "Hey" I greeted.

He smiled at me softly before he moved his legs so I could get in. Once I sat on the bleachers, I laid my head against his shoulder and waited for the battle to begin. The first two to go up against Lash and Speed were a boy and a girl named Remeriz and Hamilton. Warren and I watched in silence as the two fought Lash and Speed, it ended with the 'citizen' shredded and the heroes defeated. While the two boys were celebrating, Coach Boomer blew his whistle. "Ramirez! Hamilton! Your citizen has just been mulched because you failed to defeat your villains." I felt sorry for the two kids as they went to the showers while the boys were celebrating their win. "Alright, next round," Coach announced. "Speed, Lash, you wanna be heroes or villains?"

I think the entire gym knew the answer to that question. "Villains" Speed answered for the pair.

"There's a surprise." Boomer wrote it down on his little clipboard. "Alright who do you want to beat next?"

Speed was the first to speak "Alright, we'll take little Stronghold, and.." He pointed at my brother causing me to worry.

I got off of Warren and looked down at my brother worried. "What in the world are they doing?"

"And we pick Peace" Lash yelled pointing at the boy next to me.

Warren kissed my cheek before leaving for the arena. After Warren and Will got in the arena, I walked down to the gang and held Layla's and Magenta's hands as we got ready for the match to start. "Hothead! Stronghold!" Boomer called to the boys. "You're the heroes."

Will waved at Gwen who was standing next to the arena like a goofball. When Warren saw this, he snapped at my brother. "Hey, get your head in the game." Will quickly put his hand down and straightened up.

"You have three minutes to immobilize your opponents" Boomer pointed to the scoreboard and then to a doll hanging above the shredder. "And save the citizen" I gripped the girls' hands as Boomer began to say. "Ready! Set! BATTLE!" The shredder was turned on and the battle began. Lash and Speed pulled a pinball machine-like move where Lash stretched his arm into a slingshot and Speed shot himself around the arena knocking over Will and launching Warren. I cringed as I watched Warren land on a prop mailbox.

When he got up, he threw the destroyed mailbox over the side, and then Lash wrapped his arms around Warren saying. "Ha! What now, Peace?" Lash taunted. "Maybe I'll take out your little girlfriend next." Warren got angry and set himself on fire, burning Lash's arms. The entire gym cheered including me at Lash's injury. "Hey, Coach that's a foul" He cried to Boomer. "Call something on that" The coach only laughed at the school bully.