Dinner & Diatribes

Error was currently sitting on a very fluffy chair in the Avengers Tower, thinking about what to do. Hell, he had two years to do nearly whatever he wanted. He was living on a wage of 15 dollars an hour for the typical 9 to 5 workdays without doing anything too much, just letting Fury call him in whenever he needs it, and report anything suspicious. Normally he would take this time to knit if he was still in his own universe but now he knows it probably isn't the best to do that for 2 years straight. Sure he could give himself therapy because he has the whole of the universe in his head and they have to know some healthy coping mechanisms right? But that was fixed too, once again, because of the universe being in his head. Now he knows that a majority of what he has done is very much not good for the average person. Good fucking thing he isn't average. Or a person!

'I mean, I could work at a deli and be a slave to capitalism and not have to worry when I quit that job because I still have quite a bit of money saved up.' Error thought, 'Even better, just live in the woods for 2 years! Fantastic... But that would be boring as all hell, for around 1 and 3/4s of a year. He'd go and kill another universe just for the hell of it by that time. No, stop that. Murder bad, I keep fucking forgetting.'

Error slouched into the cushions, wondering what the fuck he was going to do. Maybe he could join a shitty circus and just perform silly magic tricks with the strings that have killed billions. God, he probably should apologize for that if he ever finds a way back. Not that he cares about that too much. He did treat them like shit and was at least a little bit clinically insane. But what is life without SPICE? Without something to give variety to life, to have a very small (so small really it couldn't even be counted) panic attack every time he saw red paint or thought about the smile of Blue or the hugs he gave Nightmare when he didn't feel his haphephobia... Okay, maybe some therapy later. Even the consciousness of the Universe as a whole can't solve PTSD. Good to know.

Back to the problem at hand, what the fuck is one supposed to do for 2 years straight. Error sighed and decided to solve this now or else he will just be living with Stark for the next 2 years and have nothing to do.

Suddenly, he had one of his best ideas in his opinion. Error got a piece of paper and wrote on it any and all ideas he had about what to do. Then taped each piece on the wall and summoned a bone. Just a blue one in hopes of not damaging the drywall too much. And with that done he had taken the bone and threw it.

Amazing. He got "Become a slave to capitalism (In Queens)." Maybe he should draw again. No, don't he would never get anything done if he just kept throwing magic at pieces of paper that decided his fate. Besides he put it right next to "Become Cryptid in West Virginia and just exist in a graveyard." ... He didn't put too much planning into that one.

He left this piece of paper vague on purpose, he could make his own store, but he doesn't exactly have the warrants for that unless he used Eetsy or something like that. But it was probably best to just get an entry-level job in a computer store or something. He was pretty good with coding if he does say so himself. That happens when you more or less fused with the codes of the universe. (or would it be the script here?)

With that settled out, Error decided to eat before bugging Fury about getting him a high school diploma, maybe a college one too. But that is after he eats an entire two servings of take-out Chinese food. Error has been told his multiple blue tongues "freak people out," and "give away that you're a alien," as if his eyes don't do that. So now he just eats take-out most of the time.

While eating at the bar in Avengers Tower, Error realized something. How is he supposed to get a job when he is very obviously an "alien" with the black sclera and fucking bioluminescent tear streaks? And New York just had an alien attack and there would be a stigma against aliens. Maybe he could ask Fury for one of his cool digital face-changing things. Maybe make him not look very scary to the human eye. He could make up something about how he is like Bruce?