CHAPTER SIX, blocking

Start from the beginning

"I need a moment." Natalie voiced, walking out of the bomb shelter with a shoe box in her hand.

Carlos walks out a few seconds later. "Did you find him?"

"No." Carlos replies. "Now she thinks he's in her gym locker."

Luca looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Then who screamed?"

"That was me." Carlos responds. "She stepped on my toe." He looks at everyone. "We're ready to begin, people."

Everyone went inside the bomb shelter while he talked to EJ and Nini for a bit. Ophelia got her phone out and texted Ricky if he was going to practice since he wasn't there yet. Ricky responded that he might be a little late. Since Ricky is late EJ had to fill in as Troy. And things were awkward with him and Nini having to play love interests when they literally just broke up.

"Can you move a little closer together?" Miss Jenn questions, gesturing for them to move closer. EJ and Nini were standing a bit away from each other. Nini only takes one small step closer to EJ. "A little more."

"Come on, guys," Miss Jenn sighs. "We're blocking this as a low story, not a SARS epidemic."

EJ and Nini eventually move closer to each other until they're only a few inches away from each other. Carlos points at a chair nearby the piano and then points across the room. "I think that chair was over there."

Nini quickly went over to the chair, suggesting she could pick it up, and move it over in the scene. Miss Jenn glances at Big Red. "Strike the chair, please."

Big Red furrows his eyebrows with confusion. "With what?"

"Take it away. Remove it." Miss Jenn  chuckled.

Big Red gets up and goes over to move the chair while Miss Jenn tells EJ to move across the room over to the piano at the intro of the song. Miss Jenn told Big Red to move the piano further down the downstage. Big Red was obviously confused at where that was and even moved it upstage since he wasn't for sure and then moved it to the right place after Miss Jenn told him where to move it. 

Miss Jenn informed Nini to move slowly toward the piano and naturally rest her arm on it. "Can we make sure her bookbag is off stage right?" Miss Jenn asked Big Red.

"Sure." Big Red nods, a look of confusion on his face. "Um..." He looks at Seb who sat at the piano. "Which way is that?"

Seb pointed in the direction that was at in response, sending Big Red a small smile. "Okey-Dokey." Miss Jenn smiles, taking a seat besides Carlos. "Take from 'Wow! Now, that's really nice.'"

"Wow. Now, that's really nice." EJ said.

Miss Jenn gestured for Seb to start playing and EJ walked over to the right side of the piano. "It's hard to believe that I couldn't see. You were always there beside me."

"Thought I was alone with no one to hold," Nini walks over to the left side of the piano, resting her arm rather loudly on the piano. "But you were always there beside me."

Ophelia raises her eyebrows, sharing a look with Fallon and Luca before looking back at EJ and Nini as the two starts singing together. "This feeling's like no other. I want you to know that I've never had someone that knows me like you do. The way you do. I've never had someone as good for me as you. No one like you. So lonely before I finally found. What I've been looking for."