CHAPTER THREE

Mondays were the worse of the week. Waking up and going to class after a peaceful weekend was the worst. Stretching my body on the bed and painfully opening my eyes, I stared at the ceiling. Shifting my gaze from the roof to the clock on the wall that read five o'clock. Lifting my body from the bed, I slipped into my bathroom slippers and glanced at my roommates. They always slept till six o'clock. Shaking my head, I left for the bathroom, which was a few steps away.

After a cool bath with the annoyingly cold water, I went back to my room. Halfway through the dressing up, Sasha entered fully dressed. Since I knew her first in her entire life, she was dressed before five-thirty in the morning.

Making her way to my bed, I turned my face to my locker and gave my back to her. Ignoring her for the whole of last week hadn't been easy, but pride did me a favor.

"Tasha, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hide it from you," I heard her plead, but I continued dressing up. Within some minutes, I finished my ritual of packing my books and other stuff. Turning to face her, I nodded.

"Are we cool now? Do I have a best friend back?" She asked with a pinch of happiness in her voice.

"No, you don't, but I have accepted your apology," I found myself saying. Making my way out, she held my arm.

"What?" I asked harshly, making her leave my arm in an instant.

"I can explain. Please just hear me out," She pleaded.

"Sasha, we've been best friends for so long. I've never kept anything from you. Each time you request something, I do it. Is it because I care so much about our friendship? When you left me that day at Edith's party to go after Eshun, I never made a sound. You kissed Ivan when you knew perfectly that I was crushing on him. You dated my ex-boyfriend for a year, knowing what he did to me. All you said was sorry and left to your house when I found out. When Philemon ditched you, I stayed with you throughout the week, cooking for you, changing your bed. After all you did to me. But what did I do? Nothing. You seriously dated my crush for a solid three years, even though I know that it's irrelevant to bring it up, but when I told you to stop, you said you were so much into him, so you couldn't. Sasha, but with all this, I stayed with you. Because I worshiped our friendship."

A tear decided to roll down as I finished.

"You, You, couldn't even say sorry when l—' I choked and stammered on the hot tears pouring, but I managed to continue — 'found out you were dating him, all you could say, was 'Did you read the message?' I was hurt, Sasha. I managed to finish.

"Tasha. I'm sorry," She said quietly. I nodded and went back to my bed. "Ok, you have five minutes, make it quick," I'm already late.

She sighed heavily after scratching the back of her head nervously.

"You remember the pool party we went to last two vacs?" She paused and looked at me, nodding to give her my approval that I remembered that day, she continued. I sat down on the bed and patted the mattress for her to sit.

"Do you remember me leaving you for drinks from the bartender?" She asked again. Nodding my head again, she took the floor.

"After leaving you for the drinks, I met Frankson. I remember him telling me Jason wanted to talk to us concerning Felicia.' —She paused and looked at her bag — 'He pushed me to the wall and kissed me, we continued until I pulled away. After that, I came in and told you that we had to leave for the house. When we got to your home, I wanted to tell you, but you said you were feeling sleepy. He texted me saying he was sorry about the kiss and proposed to me after a week when I got home. I accepted him as my boyfriend, and that was the last term. We didn't want to tell anyone about it, but unfortunately, Jason told Felicia and Jay about us. I made them make a promise not to say to you since you hated them after Felicia's session with Jason. I wanted to tell you when I had mustered the courage to do so, but since you found out.