Chapter 27 - The Calm

Start from the beginning

Oh, and of course there was the most high-school-esque activity the class had participated in: Class President elections, which Izuku one by quite a margin, but gave up the post to Iida. He knew he wasn't ready for such a roll yet. That made Iida and Momo Yaoyorozu the class president and vice president respectively.

Izuku only realised what actually happened during lunch while talking to Toshi on their way home. Toshi was telling him about how the main gate had been reduced to dust which led to the media entering in the first place. Izuku suspected that someone probably wanted to distract the staff with the press so they could try and get some information from the main office. To this Toshi replied that Nezu with his intelligence quirk had already suspected this and had people working on finding out what happened.

When Friday finally came, the class was excited, to say the least, they already knew of the field trip. Aizawa had given them forms or their parents to sign. And once lunch break got over, they all rushed to change into their hero costumes. They had been ordered to do so by Aizawa and there was also the constant risk of expulsion with his classes so haste was a must.

The 22 students assemble outside Ground Alpha so they could board a bus.

"Alright, everyone. Two rules that all of you need to follow in the bus." Aizawa tells them. "Rule number one. Do not get up from your seat. Rule number two. Don't disturb me until and unless someone's not feeling well. Other than that, you can do what you want. Now get in." He orders.

The class filed into the bus, taking seats randomly. Izuku sat next to Ochako who was currently busy talking to Tsu. The Bakugou's and Todoroki's sat at the back of the bus, occupying the last row. Katsumi was busy tongue wrestling with Shoto while Katsuki tried his best not to explode on them. Shoka had her eyes on someone else and was busy staring at that person.

"Hey, Shimura. I'll be honest. I don't like beating around the bush too much and I can come off as rude at times, but I really want to know what's up with your quirk?" Tsu asks.

"W-Well, to be honest. I don't know much about it either. I'm still getting the hang of my quirk now so I'm not sure what all I can do. Right now, the best I can do is create energy beams, fly, cause things to float, and harden my skin to an extent." Izuku answers. "I believe that all of this is a result of what the quirk actually deals with, Psionic Energy."

"Someone invented a new form of energy?" Kaminari asks, turning around to face the boy. "Are we going to have to study about it?!"

"No, psionic energy is something given off by all creatures to varying degrees, but there isn't a proper way to detect it outside of a human detector like me. Some give off more energy than others. I can harness that energy, using myself as a conduit to channel internal and external sources of energy and use it to create beams, fly, or alter my skin to be harder, stuff like that." Izuku explains. "In my experience, quirks that use some form of telekinesis, like my mother, or manipulate some universal force like Gravity, like Ochako or 13, or some other forms of energy, like Kaminari, tend to have more Psionic energy than most people. Oddly enough, Mr. Aizawa, Present Mic, and Midnight have additional residues on them aside from their own psionic energy that they generate." The last statement caused Aizawa, who had been silently listening to the conversation, to 

"When you say you can harden your skin, is it like mine or Tetsutetsu?" Kirishima asks, now curious about Izuku's quirk.

"It's sort of like Tetsutetsu's but as far as I know it's not iron or any metal on the periodic table. I managed to chip it off once during training and gave it for testing. It came back negative for any known metal. So, I just call it adamantium." Izuku lies as he activates colossus's ability on his hand. "I'll let you take a swing on my adamantium skin once we're off the bus if you want? I"ll warn you though, I'm not sure how long I can hold my form so if you accidentally knock me out, don't blame yourself."

"Gladly!" Kirishima answers as they fist bump with an audible clink. Izuku 

"You know, you're pretty lucky. That quirk of yours is sure to take you to at least the top 15 after graduation!" Kaminari comments. "You must have had quite a life growing up." While Izuku didn't give any reaction to the comment, it irked Ochako.

"Zip it, Kaminari!" Ochako shouts at the boy.

"Woah, calm down, I was just saying something we all were thinking!" Kaminari raises his hands.

"I'll tell you this once and once only. Do not talk about things you don't know about." Ochako says as she sits back down.

Kaminari looked confused. "What did I do?" He asks to no one in particular.

"Sorry about that, lets just say somethings are better left untouched." Izuku says confusing the blonde boy further. "For now that is." Izuku sighs.

"Kaminari is right though, you will make it to the top 15 easily. You're pretty nice, and there's this calming aura to you. It has this warming effect to it that I can't describe." Tsu tells him. "Though I can't say the same about the explosive twins back there." She comments.

"What the fuck did you say, you frog-faced fuck!!!" Katsuki and Katsumi shout at the same time.

"And there's the proof." Tsu snickers. Izuku uses his telekinesis to force the two back down to their seats.

"Don't wake Aizawa up!" Izuku warns them before turning to Ochako. "You should apologize to Kaminari. He doesn't know at that stuff, most of them don't, so it's alright." He whispers. "But that was pretty sweet of you to stand up for me."

"Yeah." Ochako whispers back, blushing slightly. "I'll apologize to him once we get down." just as ochako completes her sentence, the bus comes to a stop.

"Everybody out!" Aizawa exclaims as he jumps out the door. "We've reached our destination!"