I could tell they were good people. Even though Yamagishi and Suzuki lacked brain cells, they were funny. I'm mostly just glad I won't have to eat lunch alone.

•••

At the end of the day, I met Riley in front of the school. He told me how his day went and I told him about mines. He won't admit it, but I think he likes it here. He got real interested when I told him what Hinata told me about Toman.

"So basically Tokyo got gangs?" Riley asked.

"Thats what I just said." I replied.

Riley let out one of his laughs, "I can't wait to rub this into Huey's ugly face."

"Don't do that." I told him.

"Why not?"

"Because I like it here and I don't what to leave." I said.

"Girl, we haven't even been here for a full week." He argued.

I stopped walking and turned to him, grabbing him by his shirt. "Riley, keep your mouth shut. Huey better not find out about nothing. If he does, imma break my foot up yo ass."

"Yes ma'am." Riley said, saluting and standing up straight.

I rolled my eyes at him. We continued on our way and made it to the house. Huey was already inside waiting for us.

"How was it?" He asked, sipping on a soda.

"Nice people, good food." I said.

"Boring as fuck." Riley told him.

"So nothing interesting happened?" Huey questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope." I said popping the p and eyeing Riley.

"Nah." Riley answered and then went to his room.

Huey turned to me, "I don't know if your still hungry, but there's some leftover pizza for you and Riley."

"Ok." I said and went to my room.

•••

The week went by fast and I was pretty much best friends with Hinata. She took me to the mall and we bought some matching outfits. She told stories from her childhood and I told her the good parts from mine. We got along fine.

Today was Friday. You and Riley already made it to school. Y'all were talking for a little because you had a little extra time before class.

"Bro you are literally so dumb." I sighed.

"Nah, because if I did-" I cut him off.

"If you did, you would go to jail for scamming people out of their money." I rolled my eyes.

"Man, niggas don't ever wanna see other niggas succeed." Riley mumbled to himself and walked towards his class.

I giggled and headed towards my classroom. I sat down in my seat. Hinata was already there, waiting for me.

"So, do you have any plans after school?" I asked Hina, setting up my little area.

"Not really, I'll probably go on a date with Takemichi if he's not busy." She said, doodling on a piece of paper.

"Ok I see y'all. That's cute or whateva'." I teased causing her to blush and look away.

I laughed and looked out the window. I felt as if I forgot about something. I tried to ignore the feeling because if was really important, I would've remembered. But no matter how much I tried not to think about it, the more it bothered me.

I couldn't focus on any of my classes. They all flew by quick and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I didn't get up or anything until I felt Hinata tap my shoulder.

I looked up to her, "Come on. On Fridays they serve desserts." She said and started to pull me up. I just followed her. We went through the door and started to walk through the hallways.

"Hinata, can I copy your notes? I wasn't really paying attention." I asked her.

"Hmmm... oh yeah sure." She mindlessly agreed, looking at something.

"Hey," I grabbed her arm. "What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"It's them." She said, pointing down the hall.

I turn to look at where she was pointing. I saw Mikey and Draken talking to Takemichi. I was confused, until it all clicked...

•••

A cliffhanger but not really. I'll post the next part soon, so stay tuned. Also a reminder that everyone is around 17 and 18.

New characters

Hinata Tachibana - bestfriend

Takemichi Hanagaki - friend

Atsushi Sendou "Akkun," Takuya Yamamoto, Kazushi Yamagishi, and Makoto Suzuki - friend group