Sleepy Cuddles

Request: "Swiggity squeeze, headcanon of the GOTG cuddling with you please" from Jimmypd2

Characters & Pairings: GOTG & Reader or GOTG/Reader, however you want to read it

CW: nothing

-

You had gone to bed early, the others staying up to finish the movie. But once you got to your bed you weren't tired anymore.

The cold sheets unwelcoming, and the sounds of the TV and the laughter that came from outside your door sounding more favorable. Despite this, you closed your eyes and shut out the blue light that streamed into your room through the crack above your door, and tried to sleep.

After ten minutes, you gave up and grabbed a blanket and went back to the others.

"I thought you went to sleep," Gamora said pausing the movie.

"I tried, couldn't actually get to sleep though."

"I'm sorry Y/n," Peter frowned. "Are we being too loud?"

"No, you're fine, I just- Can I cuddle with you all?"

Mantis smiled, "Of course Y/n! I love cuddling!"

"Yeah, come on," Drax said, and gestured to a spot in the middle of all of them.

You sat down, and put the covers over all of you. Everyone scooted in and cuddled around you.

"Oh, I see how it is. Don't include me, guys. Carry on. I'll just sit here and act like I don't exist," Rocket complained from his chair.

"Oh come here you idiot," Gamora replied.

Rocket rolled his eyes, and tried to hide a smile. He hopped up onto the blanket before finding a place to cuddle.

"Okay, are we all settled?" Peter asked.

"I am Groot!"

"Alrighty then," Gamora said before starting the movie again.

"Goodnight everyone," you whispered, and closed your eyes.

"Goodnight Y/n," they whispered back.

-

this was a good exercise for trying to write in past tense, i have come to the conclusion that i like present tense more lol