Ratberry and Chirpwhisper (1)

Song: Talk to me - Cavetown
===============================

Medicine cats! Before I say anything else though, Ratberry is not my OC. She belong to Degal_Heartfang! Chirpwhisper is one of my OCs, born from a different command game these two are/met in.

I haven't really roleplayed with them, but they're honestly one of my favorite OC duos when it comes to mentor-apprentice relationships.

No, they're not shipped together. There's an age gap of 20+ moons.💀 Stop it.

❦︎

Anyways! Chirpwhisper [left] and Ratpaw(-berry) [right]!

I drew them going over herbs in the med-den together the moon Ratpaw got hurt (because of inactivity)

I drew them going over herbs in the med-den together the moon Ratpaw got hurt (because of inactivity). I just thought it would look nice if they were having a conversation and Chirp asked about Ratpaw's health or something similar. 

I toned down Ratpaw(Ratberry)'s colour in the drawing because I thought she'd look a bit out of place in-between the less vibrant colours otherwise.😅 And if her tail looks weird: it's because I had originally shaped it like a flower, but then was reminded that rats have long, thin tails.🤦

Also, the line art was originally my sketch layer, I just erased lines I didn't want to sorry if it's messy, I couldn't bother myself enough to do it over and I was a little short on time. Which explains the background I honestly had no motivation for.

❦︎

The reason I really like this pair is because I imagine Chirpwhisper got Ratberry as an apprentice just after everything came crashing down for him. His original story has a lot of hardship he has to push trough and I'd like to think mentoring Ratberry was one of the first (and few) ups in his life after hitting rock bottom.

❦︎

I was going to do more sketches of them - both Chirpwhisper and Ratberry interacting and or expressing certain emotions - and a few other cats in the command game (hosted by Thunderfrost_Amactus , go check it out and join if you can/want! The waiting list is almost non-existent, so you'd be able to play really fast!!), but unfortunately school has already started dumping homework on me so that's a priority atm. So, they're will probably come a part 2 of this another time.

Either way, that's all I'm showing today! Very much, I know. I hope you like it, Degal! Thank you for letting me draw Ratberry and providing a reference, too ^^