4. Cracking the Case

Start from the beginning

Spencer arrived last in the briefing room. "Good morning."

"There you are, pretty boy." Morgan said.

"Was Enzo the one who's responsible for this?" Emily joked causing everyone to laugh.

Spencer cleared his throat and sat down, ignoring the fact that they don't know anything.

"Okay guys we have a lead on the case." Hotch announced. "The three girls were all part of the high school soccer team and were all captains."

"This means that the unsub is probably someone who was jealous of their spot on the team." Garcia added.

"Wait but then that would mean it would be someone on the team and they're all girls." Emily pointed out.

"Exactly. Except there only is one soccer team for Ridgewood High school. Boys and Girls are both on that team." Garcia explained.

"So we can assume it was a guy on the team who wanted to take out the three captains so he could be nominated himself." Hotch said.

Everyone nodded, following along.

"So what's our next move?" Rossi asked.

"We'll go interview every guy on the soccer team, there are nine. I don't want us all showing up because that would be a lot. So JJ, Emily, Rossi and I will go. Garcia, you stay here with Morgan and Reid and try to dig up information on the guys on the team." Hotch said.

Everyone filed out of the room. Hotch, Rossi, JJ and Emily left in an SUV to the high school while Spencer, Derek and Garcia went to her office.

Once they were in her office, Garcia started typing rapidly on her computer, looking up info on each guy.

Spencer and Derek leaned against the tables watching.

"I don't get it. None of them have a criminal background of any sorts." Garcia said.

"Come on babygirl. Dig deeper." Morgan said.

Garcia kept typing. "Oh wait, I have something. Three of them were sometime throughout high school reported as bullies."

"Who were the bullies?" Spencer asked.

Garcia pulled up pictures of the three on her screen. "Nathan Pagni, Logan Cecolli, and Jacob DeMeo."

"Good job sweetness, I knew you could do it. I'm going to go call Hotch." Morgan pulled out his phone and when leaving the room, signaled Spencer to come out with him.

There was a ton of people out in the hallway and in the main room so they went across the hall to a random office.

Morgan once again closed the door behind them.

"I don't understand why we need to be in a separate room to call Hotch." Spencer said.

Morgan closed the blinds.

"What are you doing?" Spencer asked.

"So for the past four months you've been getting random marks and bruises at random times and yesterday you come in with that bruise." Morgan pointed at the bruise that was still very visible on Spencer's face. "And now you have marks on your wrists??"

Spencer quickly looked down at his wrists and covered them up better with his sleeves.

"I know something is going on with you. And I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of who is creating these marks." Derek suspected. "I understand why you don't want to tell me. But just know I'm never going to stop asking until I get an answer."