✨Chapter 1✨

Aaliyah's POV

I woke up, cuz of my stupid ass alarm and realized it was 7 AM and it was the first day of junior year. Oh lord here we go, another year in hell.

I got out of bed and changed.

Today's Outfit:

You know what.... I'm actually feeling this outfit. I did my usual morning routine and went downstairs to see my mom with a smile on her face with breakfast on the table.

"Why you so happy ma?" " Now that you start school again, I don't have to deal with you." woowwww. " way to be like that mom. I'm not that bad"      " Oh trust me, you are" I sighed in defeat and just ate breakfast.

Once I finished, I washed my dish and kissed my mom's cheek and gave her a hug. " Bye mom I'll see you later, I love you" " Love you too mija"

When I got to school, I saw my boy best friend Matthew. I went to him and gave him a big hug.

"Matt! I haven't seen you in 2 months, I missed you!" " Dont worry I missed you too, how was Mexico" " Amazing but I will definitely miss it"

As I was talking to Matthew, I felt someone jump on my back. And it was my baby girl aka my girl best friend Sadie.

"OMG!! SADIEEE I MISSED YOU SO MUCHHHH" " ME TOO" She got off my back and I gave her a big ass hug.

"Liyah, you body is the bomb girlll I'm jealous" " Aww stop it, but have yall seen Carlos or nah?"

"Nahh" said Matthew "Nope, not at all" said Sadie.

We checked our schedules and realized we had almost all of the classes together which was a blessing. As we got to class we immediately went to our seats, and class was boring as usual.

Then the speakers turned on and the principal started talking. "Will all students report to the auditorium for a school assembly immediately"

Oh thank god. I did not know how long I was going to last being in this class.

As I was walking to the auditorium with Matt and Sadie, I felt someone's eyes on me. So I turned my head around and saw this really attractive Latino guy staring me down.

He noticed I was looking at him so he smirked at me. I smiled and turned back around.

Sadie whispered in my ear, "Girl did you know that there's this new hockey team coming to the school" "Wait... for real?" "Yeah they are freshman" " You might finally get a manz girlie" She gave me a straight face. "We don't talk about that"

Then I heard someone calling me. I looked and saw my boyfriend calling for me. "Aaliyah!!" I walked over to him and he put his arm around my shoulder. We walked into the auditorium.

We sat down and my friends sat next to us. Then a group of kids including the latino boy sat behind us. My friends were talking to James (my boyfriend if you forgot). I looked behind me and saw that boy looking at me with a seductive look on his face. He saw me looking at and smirked again. I quickly turned around again.

James turned over to talk to me. "So you wanna come to my house later" "I'll see" He started kissing my neck. "Come on babe, it'll be fine" "Ok fine but dont try anything" "I won't, I promise"

Then the dean started talking. I wasn't really paying attention in the beginning but when I turned around again at the guy he was glaring at James from behind him. Is he jealous? I dont even know this dude.

But for the most of this assembly I zoned out cuz I could care less about what they talking about. Suddenly, the curtain fell and a group of kids were on the floor on top of each other.

They then got up.

"We're the ducks" said this brunette kid

The whole auditorium was filled with laughter, including mine.